off road diesel

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience running large amounts of off road diesel and if so does it cause problems? Also, there was a post with the part # for the International fuel filters for the 6.0 somewhere and I need it. Thanks.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
off road diesel is pretty much the same as on road diesel only with a red dye.... i hear its a huge fine if ya get caught with it but depending on where you live ya may not have to worry about that except around inspection time.... if ya are gonna running it i would use some addatives every couple of tanks...

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone said before that it gums up injectors... but they put green dye in it now.. only difference is the different color dye, or am i wrong? im pretty sure diesel doesnt look green or whatever color it is

Fine69

Reaction score
My dealer told me off road has a higher sulphur content, besides the red dye. I don't know if its true or not, but the local New Holland tractor dealer told me the same thing about the higher sulphur.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
according to all the distributors here its all the same cept the dye
same sulphur and quality.
the only thing its missing is teh road use taxes,

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
In our area it is the same fuel..............die pack is thrown in once the tanker is filled.

Tbar

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are thinking about using it in your on road vehicle, I would advise not to do it. What the law has been doing is to tax you for every mile you have on the vehicle, even if it was your first time doing it. 100,000 miles times .24 is
$24,000. Pretty expensive fuel... Dealer says the same as the other guys are saying,,, red fuel is the same, just red dye added.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious but how many people have been inspected for this and what area do you live in? I live in farm country and would never have to worry but I wouldn't reccomend it for interstate driving.

Scott

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last time I saw a truck that had the off road fuel used in it the red stayed and stayed and stayed. Then stayed around a little longer.:roflmao

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
rsjohnsn said:
Just curious but how many people have been inspected for this and what area do you live in? I live in farm country and would never have to worry but I wouldn't reccomend it for interstate driving.

Scott

Their favorite place to test is at the auction barn. They don't even ask..........just walk around the parking lot dipping.

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14