Off-road fuel

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...grabbed the off road hose instead of the on road which was right next to it and then proceeded to fill my tank full of off road diesel. Needless to say my truck was driven alot in the following days to get that stuff out of the truck...

How did it drive?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did it drive?

It ran and drove fine.

FWIW ? In talking with the Commercial Fuel Distributor I deal with, I asked the question about any Dif between On & Off road #2 diesel. They said: The Refinery(s) have informed them.. ALL commercially available diesel fuels are ULSC now. The ONLY difference is the Color. Off road (untaxed) must be the Red, On road is either the Green or a clear/yellow.. Now that ULSC is Required Nation wide.. The Green dye can/is being phased out.. unless the specific Station(s) request it. Any dying is done mostly at the Terminal level.

They also said: As a result of fuel prices, there are some "rumblings" about putting an additive in the Off Road #2, that will give it a different odor...

Joe

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here in AZ, the DPS has taken to setting up roving check points. If you drive by and don't stop they pull you over and bring you back to the check point and then they proceede to stick your tank. They get really cranky with all the farmers here in Yuma cuz 99.9% of them have a service tank for their equipment. Some just happen to have it plumbed into the fuel system with a shut off. Sometimes the DPS can be cool about it. Some have talked their way out of a ticket by saying that they had run out in the field and use some farm fuel just to get back to the station. But most of the time you get a "Yea Right, you just happen to run out uh?"
I agree with WD40, it is just not worth the hassle anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58