rant Oh yes! OH NO!!!

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Yes: Yesterday, at last, I got my truck through inspection and was finally able to get new license plates on after 15 months of standstill due to poor economy. That was extremely nice. :D

OH NO: Today as I was driving to work in my truck, suddenly my windscreen was hit by a acorn-size stone so forceful that it cracked and sprayed little pieces of glass all over me :doh: :dizzy

Where do you Americans get new windscreens for your Fords and what is the approximate price? :dunno

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Any glass shop can get a windshield for your truck, BUT it will NOT say Super Duty on it. That one is from Ford and costs more $$$. How much? I don't know. You might try googling "Windshield replacement".

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have clue in Denmark... You might go On-line, and do a Search ?

Over here we many ways to go.. Auto Glass replacement companies, wrecking yards, and of course Ford dealers. But Ford would be Very exspecive, as compared to the others... with Shipping added on.. it's not going to be Cheap.

Joe

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any glass shop can get a windshield for your truck, BUT it will NOT say Super Duty on it. That one is from Ford and costs more $$$. How much? I don't know. You might try googling "Windshield replacement".

Dave

Tried to google that and found this 2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Pickup Used Windshield Glass (Genuine OEM Quality)

It doesn't seem too bad. But I think I'll try and see if my insurance might cover it. Would be nice if they could provide the $$$ for a "Super Duty" windshield...

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I could get both a generic or a genuine Super Duty Windshield from my local glass man. I opted for the genuine because I needed the Super Duty part to cover the back of my windshield mount gauge pod :D

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do all original Super Duty windshields have the "Super Duty" on them? I have what I think is the original windshield that has the shading above the rear view mirror but doesn't say super duty on it.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Safelite quoted me $350 to have a new windshield installed with the super duty across the top. My windshield has a few rock chips in it but it's not bad enough to warrant replacing right now. But as soon as I spare cash sitting around I'm getting a new windshield.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man the way rocks and bullets fly around here I keep glass ins on my truck.
Had to replace one and had this new one fixed all ready.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58