Oil Filter Prices

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Okay, I've gotten some really good info from the fuel filter price thread with International part #'s:thanks . Is there a good place to get the OEM oil filters too? Maybe a International filter with the international part #? Just changed my oil for the firts time and paid $28.00:eek: (I think) for my filter. Looking for a better deal.

cthehentz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just changed my oil today, the filter at walmart was $14.99, and the Rotella was $7.49 per gallon.

Thecat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
$14.99 for a Fram at Walmart. I actually think that there better than the original.

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thecat said:
$14.99 for a Fram at Walmart. I actually think that there better than the original.

That's funny... no way for them to be better than Motorcraft!!!!

Racor is the OEM maker of the oil filter for this motor and they make Int'ls, Fram and Motorcraft... so no difference at this time.

Here is what to look for... and the biggest way to tell is the felt/cotton gasket on the bottom and the various patent numbers... may say "Made in Germany" of Made in USA"... but look for the felt bottom!!!!

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting is right... my motorcraft filters have fuzz on the bottom, and little pieces all over the place, the Wix filter has a thin rubber seal, that actually looks like it seals. Racor makes a good product, no doubt. But I'm not sure I'm gonna bite on the will fit filter will break the housing and motor... what the heck is that all about, monopoly? Those little pieces of fuzz probably won't hurt the motor, but the injectors, that's another matter...

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You can buy Amsoil's filter for $28.00. That seems a little pricey for a Fram or Wix. Just don't go with Purolater. You won't have pure oil now or later. You will, however, have a filter that will collapse and come out in at least 2 pieces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14