Help Needed Oil in the Valley and on the Ground!

JRJ04

Reaction score
damn, Jourdan..
if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any.

you aint kiddin!!! the dp tuner might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm worried sick about the thing, but whats reassuring is that it drove and ran fine, so I really hope its just some seal. If I am looking down over the fuel bowl, where is the IPR in relation to it?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I tried to post last night but had a data base error. I was guessing that it was going to be an o-ring on the HPOP. Sound very familar to what happened to one of the guys I work with. Same thing his truck was doing. I ended up changing the o-rings in the parking lot of a La Quinta in Florida.

Hope they figure it out and it is nothing really serious.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Ok I tried to post last night but had a data base error. I was guessing that it was going to be an o-ring on the HPOP. Sound very familar to what happened to one of the guys I work with. Same thing his truck was doing. I ended up changing the o-rings in the parking lot of a La Quinta in Florida.

Hope they figure it out and it is nothing really serious.

Yea me too. Are they hard to change out? Are there any other o-rings that are out there that can hold higher pressures or are the stock ones fine, but just maybe needed to be replaced?

Did they guy that you helped have a considerable amount of oil leaking out? Mine isnt pouring out, but it is a steady drip.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they guy that you helped have a considerable amount of oil leaking out? Mine isnt pouring out, but it is a steady drip.

His was blowing out and leaking down to the bottom of the engine and at start up looked like somebody loosened the drain plug but not take it all the way out.

When I first got to the hotel and we moved the truck to somewere that there was a light there was and oil stained outline of the truck in the parking spot. That was from driving down the freeway and it covering the bottom of the truck.

JRJ04

Reaction score
His was blowing out and leaking down to the bottom of the engine and at start up looked like somebody loosened the drain plug but not take it all the way out.

When I first got to the hotel and we moved the truck to somewere that there was a light there was and oil stained outline of the truck in the parking spot. That was from driving down the freeway and it covering the bottom of the truck.

this sounds EXACTLY like mine. I sure hope that i'm having the same problem. did his start running weird or was it just fine and he just noticed the oil leak?

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well my rig is alive and well! Turned out to be a high pressure hose that goes from the pump back into the engine. It was a $140, but I'm glad its fixed. Came out to be around $300 total, but I'm glad its fixed and was nothing major. I really was thinkin it was something bad since I couldn't pinpoint the problem.

Stealership was gonna charge me $120 just to look at it!!!!:eek: Glad I took it to my local mech who I know I can trust. Thank for all the help guys. This site is truly a wonderful place and I would be lost without it.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey JRJ04 glad to hear your rig is back up and running. That is nice to hear that it was just a HP hose. Sure that is a big stress relief.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well I cant believe Im posting back up on this thread...but it looks like the oil gremlins are back again!!!!!

I'm having one hell of a time figuring out where its coming from this time. It is definately not in the valley, and there are no hoses on the top of the engine leaking. It looks like it falls on top of the starter and then obvioulsy moves its way back from there and leaks on the flywheel cover.

It does not seem to leak at idle, but if I go and drive it and then look, its there. From what I can tell its not the boots that come off the engine up to the turbo, but then again I could be wrong.

Anyone got any ideas? This is just getting ridiculous:rant:dizzy

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
....It looks like it falls on top of the starter and then obvioulsy moves its way back from there and leaks on the flywheel cover....

Valve covers?:dunno

When I did my injectors & glow plugs, I found many of the valve cover bolts were not as tight as they should be. The passenger side bolts were more of a PITA than the other side. Between going at it from the topside and thru the wheel well with a small 1/4" ratchet w/deepwell socket they were all do-able.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58