oil in water HELP!!!!

jason741

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Okay, I took off my overflow tank and cleaned it out. I flushed the radiator a few times and noticed the overflow filling back up with oil stuff.

I then, removed the hose comming from my intake on the overflow tank side. I started the truck and noticed that the oil water mixture is coming from that hose. Since that oil water stuff keeps comming out and still collects in the overflow tank, should I assume it's my oil cooler? Or can it be my Head gasket?
I really can't afford to take it in or I would have. If it's the oil cooler, I think I will tackle the job myself. Correct me if I'm wrong. All I need to do is pretty much change parts right? Meaning, there won't be anything that I have to line up like gears or timing before I tackle the job.
I assume, I will just need to remove things to get them off of the intake. Is there anything I should be weary about? Any special tools? Maybe something I should do while I'm in there? I will take a bunch of pictures, I have all tools I believe. I have worked on cars and built chevy 350's but that's easy. I have never torn into a diesel before.

I do appreciate all the info. you guys are giving me. May god bless and your truck last you hundreds of thousands of miles.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I took off my overflow tank and cleaned it out. I flushed the radiator a few times and noticed the overflow filling back up with oil stuff.

I then, removed the hose comming from my intake on the overflow tank side. I started the truck and noticed that the oil water mixture is coming from that hose. Since that oil water stuff keeps comming out and still collects in the overflow tank, should I assume it's my oil cooler? Or can it be my Head gasket?
I really can't afford to take it in or I would have. If it's the oil cooler, I think I will tackle the job myself. Correct me if I'm wrong. All I need to do is pretty much change parts right? Meaning, there won't be anything that I have to line up like gears or timing before I tackle the job.
I assume, I will just need to remove things to get them off of the intake. Is there anything I should be weary about? Any special tools? Maybe something I should do while I'm in there? I will take a bunch of pictures, I have all tools I believe. I have worked on cars and built chevy 350's but that's easy. I have never torn into a diesel before.

I do appreciate all the info. you guys are giving me. May god bless and your truck last you hundreds of thousands of miles.

WorthLess

we cant even BEGIN to diagnose this w/out some photos...

jason741

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I took that picture from the overflow container. That is after I flushed and cleaned out the system.

Any Ideas? Thanks!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its from the degas bottle id bet its the stopleak & sand (casting).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58