Oil Leak @ Transmission??

mastercrafttile

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck has make little noises since I bought it new.I just notice all the engine fluids dripped all over the engine hoses and frame,I had to wash it all off so it would stop smelling...

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, took it in yesterday, got it back today, they replaced the rear main seal. I asked if it could be the turbo pedastal and they thought no becuase there was no oil above the rear main seal and if it was the pedestal it would have been comming from above which it was not. Time will tell if it fixes the problem.

I also had them update the program for the engine and transmission. Haven't driven enough to tell a change in fuel economy but the shifting is definately different. It is much smoother. Anyhow, I will update Later as well. :D

mastercrafttile

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that oil leak,keep an eye on it.After the dealership replaced the rear main it started leaking after 3 days..Then they pulled the cab and saw the pedistal leaking..It has not leaked since..But the cleaning exhaust filter is driving me nuts..it does it twice per tank fill up..It's fricken stupid..It sounds like a street sweeper when it's in cleaning mode..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58