Oil Pan Ideas

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked at that set up and I do like the idea..im worred that i might hit something in the Road and be sitting there looking for an easy out and oil...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ditto the 5 gal bucket. Fits perfectly under the pan. The Fumoto is the way to go also. If you hit something in the road that is big and bad enough to knock the Fumoto off your pan then loss of oil wont be your main concern. :D

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 wheel drive, it does'nt sit as high as a 4 wheeler...would'nt take much of something to get it, maybe blown truck tire in road....or something like that.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 16 qt drain pan, and a 3X3ish drip pan (cuz i'm real good at slobber'n stuff) at Wally World, low profile (2WD), works great. Has a rough surface in the drain pan area so oil won't splatter. Drain Spout and a vent. Drain the oil (fumoto)... slide it over a bit, punch a hole in the filter. Pre-charge a new one. Re-fill everything, Done Deal.

Dump the D/pan into an ol' plastic fuel can that holds 2 oil changes, and re-cycle.

JOE

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Ditto the 5 gal bucket. Fits perfectly under the pan. The Fumoto is the way to go also. If you hit something in the road that is big and bad enough to knock the Fumoto off your pan then loss of oil wont be your main concern. :D

i got a road gator (retread Cap off OTR) once took out my headlight, bug shield and grill, rear hub cap and drivers seat liner :D

but no oil
:sorry :sorry

didnt mean to highjack

my last oil change my truck must be getting lower to the ground, or my belly is getting larger,:D I had to run her up on a 4x4 block to get at the drain plug :eek:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14