oil pan replacement questions

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
i aint cuttin it thats for sure.its not mine and i dont care if it holds or not,ill just goop it and send it on its way.sorry but i just dont care to work on these toilets anymore.

ouch..
that's gonna sting in the morning...

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
not really,i give up on the repair and towing business.so i dont care to do it right.the owner just wants the leak stopped so thats what im gonna do.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
pulling the engine isnt that bad, welding would be a bigger PITA, especially when you start finding leaks!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i aint pulling the engine either.i want out of the car bussines!!!just gonna goop it and send it off.let somebody else deal with it.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
What's all the bad attitudes for guys?

THE DEALER CHARGES THE CASH CUSTOMER AROUND 18 HOURS LABOR PLUS $200 FOR PARTS, SILICONE, PAN AND DIPSTICK TUBE. BUT WARRANTY PAYS 12 HOURS. i HAVE DONE ABOUT 12 OIL PANS IN MY TIME, FASTEST TIME IS 9 3/4 HOURS, RANGING FROM 1999 TO 2003. THE MATERIAL IS INFERIOR AND CANNOT HANDLE NEW ENGLAND WEATHER. THE PROPER WAY IS TO PULL THE ENGINE AND DO IT CORRECTLY!!! JB WELD, MARINETEX, ETC IS ALL HORSE &@$*!! BANDADES ARE JUST THAT, TEMPORARY. WELDING THE PAN IS ALSO A BAD IDEA, SLAG CAN GET SUCKED INTO THE PICKUP TUBE THEN YOUR PULLING THE ENGINE ANYWAY. I'VE SEEN ONE DONE IN THE TRUCK AND IT LEAKED ABOUT 6 MONTHS LATER. HE THOUGHT REMOVING THE TURBO, TRANS, RADIATOR,FAN, THEN JACKING THE CAB HIGH ENOUGH TO WORK LIKE A GORILLA. SERVED HIM RIGHT.:stir

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i have seen them done in the truck many times. it is possible and don't take 9 hours either. takes a few hours and nothing goes back in weak either. start out by cutting the crossmember enough to be able to get the pan out(NO THE ENGINE WILL NOT MOVE!!!!). do all your work on the pan then when it's finished use some pieces of flat stock to bolt each side of the crossmember back together. use 2 or 3 piece of flat per side with 2 bolts on each side of the flat steel. now weld up a few spots of the seam that you cut and it will be good. this has been done many times and has been used afterwards for years with no ill effects of the crossmember or oil pan!! that's the way i would do it then you can charge him.. LoL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58