Question Oil questions

mygsris2slo4u

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Got a couple of questions for you guys. Has anyone had any problems in dealing with blackstone labs (probably USPS)? I have sent samples from my last two oil changes and have never gotten a test performed. Not too sure who's fault it is, but I just want to get a test done.

Next question is for guys using full synthetic oils (amsoil specifically). What kind of drain intervals are you getting out of it? Are you getting the oil tested? I ask because I am considering the switch, but with my inability to get the oil tested I don't know if I want to lay out the money for oil that they claim can get 25k+ on a change. Any thoughts on the issue would be appreciated.

Last edited:

straitcountry

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I use the kit from Amsoil that includes the UPS label. I have not had any trouble getting my results. I run the Amsoil 15W40 Heavy Duty in my truck and the last time I had it tested they said that I still had 45% oil life left. the truck had 10,000 miles on that oil before it was tested. unless you drive alot I am not sure that I would go 25,000 miles unless you have the bypass filter set-up. I change my oil and fuel filter every 10,000 miles or so.

Jay

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been using Blackstone Labs for many years and haven't had any problems with anything. I use the Post Office to send in the sample. I do use Blackstones shipping containers, a black tube.

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with Blackstone. Call them.

Tbar

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem here except occasionally a postal driver won't take the sample and I have to take it to the Post Office directly. I use the prepaid USPS labels.

mygsris2slo4u

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I have a feeling that it is not the labs fault but the USPS. I think I am going the make the switch to amsoil. After looking at the prices it will be much cheaper to use the amsoil hd diesel oil and amsoil filter for $110 than the mobil delvac 1300 and motorcraft filter for $75. I had been changing the mobil oil and filter every 5k. Even if the amsoil is only good for 10k its still a better deal.

Any other thoughts on the topic are welcome.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use Amsoil 5w-40 oil...do my changes every 10k miles and oil filters every 5k miles !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58