OK Guys, Time for New Tires??????????//

blazr190

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would think that if you drive a 4x4 you would probably want some type of aggressive tread on your truck. As far as an all season or highway tire, there isn't much to choose from. My son is trying to decide on some tires for his Super Duty right now. He drives a 4x2, but pulls a 20ft. gooseneck trailer and has a tractor so he is looking at some A/T tires also. But those Revo's impress me alot, now that I have the tires inflated properly.

Last edited:

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Revo's I have now are Load Range D, do they come in "E"? Thanks, Trisha

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Lord, I was researching the Revo's and they seem to be around $200 each right now, but there is a $100 rebate available, geez. Guess it will be another tire. I came off a bit scared of the Nitto with some of the post here. Still wondering what I should do, hubby is no help at all. There are so many BFG's I don't know which one to even look at. Thanks for all the tips. Trisha

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Lord, I was researching the Revo's and they seem to be around $200 each right now, but there is a $100 rebate available, geez. Guess it will be another tire. I came off a bit scared of the Nitto with some of the post here. Still wondering what I should do, hubby is no help at all. There are so many BFG's I don't know which one to even look at. Thanks for all the tips. Trisha

I know what yer saying Trisha.. Buying tires is almost overwhelming these days. But thee 'ol Bottom Line is: You git what you pay for.

Plus or minus $200.00 a tire, for a GOOD tire, isn't unreasonable for a set of tires that will last, give you good tire wear and be of the right Ply for what you do... Farming/Ranching.

I'll throw my .03 in here: You might look at a set of.. GoodYear G647 RSS's. I'm on my second set and get 60-70 K out of'm, towing my 12K 5r all over the country, daily driving too.

One other thing I would mention (?).. when you decide on a >set< (all four) look at the "Build Date".. It's a sequence of numbers, branded/molded into the side wall, of Every tire.... On the Day.. of the Year.. it was made/built. Most tire companies use the "Julian Date". Example: 1239= 123rd day of 09. Some use another sequence but.. ASK the dealer to show you the Build Date, on the tires that are going to be mounted on YOUR truck.

The reason I say this is.. Some times.. A Hellofa price, per tire.. is for an OLD(er) tire. Perfectly GOOD tire.. but never the less.. An OLD(er) tire.

Tires (like us;)) Age too. Perfectly good shape, but begin to fail during use, due to Age... Sometimes before their tread is worn down.

Joe

Last edited:

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have priced the BFG's locally and the set mounted and balanced would run me $956.95, that is cheaper than walmart's price. The nitto's are unavailable locally and the revo's are more approx 230 each with $100 rebate. so at the moment I guess it will be the BFG's. I have a low tire I h ave to get fixed to even go get a new set, lol. Thanks for all the info. Trisha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58