Ok lets make sure I got everything for upgrades.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scar13 said:
ITP 7.3L Gen II Regulated Return Kit
more detail... Your Price: $429.95 ?

Out of my range ;)

That's pretty much the going rate for a high-quality regulated return kit. In addition to those two sites I linked to, Diesel Innovations has a regulated return kit for sale (scroll down the page a bit), but it's a bit >$400 as well.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a Good Synthetic, Transmission Oil ? I have read Mobil 1 and Rottela are good motor Oils, but nothing on the Transmission Synthetic side.

Any good filter recommendations?

I switched over to Syns in my jeep at 40K and I know alot of peopl dont believe in them, BUT WOW what a diffrence in that DOG jeep it made..

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scar13 said:
What is a Good Synthetic, Transmission Oil ? I have read Mobil 1 and Rottela are good motor Oils, but nothing on the Transmission Synthetic side.

Any good filter recommendations?

I switched over to Syns in my jeep at 40K and I know alot of peopl dont believe in them, BUT WOW what a diffrence in that DOG jeep it made..

I have Amsoil ATF in my tranny (ZF6) now and I love it since, on winter mornings, it doesn't feel like I'm shifting through concrete. Next month when I put new gear lube in both pumpkins and new ATF in the tranny and T-case, I'm going with all Amsoil synthetic lubes. Bob at Dieselsite sells Amsoil and his prices are fairly reasonable. FWIW, he also carries tranny filters as well.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Scar13 said:
ITP 7.3L Gen II Regulated Return Kit
more detail... Your Price: $429.95 ?

Out of my range ;)

or you can order the parts you need from jegs or summit and spend about 275

dont want to flame a vendor, but waaaaay back when hutch put together gen I of the regulated return, some took his ideas and turned a fast dollar, before he knew what hit him. he is now pretty much a recluse on adding new ideas.
but his research is SOLID

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
or you can order the parts you need from jegs or summit and spend about 275

dont want to flame a vendor, but waaaaay back when hutch put together gen I of the regulated return, some took his ideas and turned a fast dollar, before he knew what hit him. he is now pretty much a recluse on adding new ideas.
but his research is SOLID

I wondered what happened to to Hutch................... :dunno

I haven't seen anything from him in several years. He is the inventor of many of the mods that we do today.

Tbar

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
he is still around.
he doenst post much at all, and does not answer to many emails
great engineer.
he found the bubbles in the fuel intake before teh pump, the regulator mod, etc etc
yep under 275

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just too lazy and the ITP kit is SO nice. Dennis did a really great job at putting it together.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys am I crazy ? I cant find a Whicked wheel for 60$ ??

I am tryign to order everythign before the next mod party, Even if I dotn have them I will be there to learn what I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58