Old School Bug Shield

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Reverse ?? I don't think it would ever cut would it? Or are you serious?
You're not making the hole with the drill bit, you're heating the plastic to where it becomes pliable. The drill bit carries the melted plastic out of the way. The key is slow and in reverse. I haven't screwed up a panel yet with that method.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Learn something new everyday. It is 11:58 pm here right now and I though today was going to be a waste but now I have learned something for this day too :D

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 40 years of exp working in injection molding, drilling and tapping of all times of plastic materials. Use a Drill/Tap Lubricant. Soap normally does a great job. I alway like a bar soap but you can use a liquid

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 40 years of exp working in injection molding, drilling and tapping of all times of plastic materials. Use a Drill/Tap Lubricant. Soap normally does a great job. I alway like a bar soap but you can use a liquid
Trouble is that when I do it that way more times than not the leading edge of the bit "catches" the plexi/lexan and it cracks/splits. I've messed up more than I care to admit.-mad
I have now developed a new method to eliminate all chances of me messing up with my drill bit. I now use my very old soldering pencil to burn (drill) a hole in the plastic. Smells to high heaven, but no more messing up.:thumbs

Where there is a will there is a way!
Just my :2c

Thanks for all the help here !!!
RoReRi

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14