On Board Air system and AIRHORNS!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Can you e-mail me??? I want to know how to take the dashboard off and everything else (I'm a newb LoL) or if you have aim or yahoo my sn's are aim-redmanwytee77 yahoo-milzukient...thanks!
P.S. [email protected]

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I'd really rather keep it on the forums so that other ppl get the info too.

The dash comes apart very easily. Remove the radio, remove the headlight switch, remove the 4x4 switch, and PULL! THe upper dash is held in with friction clips, and it just POPS off. Work it around the steering wheel and its removed. Oh, watch for the cigarette lighter/power point. You gotta unplug that, but you cant do that until you have the dash most of the way off.

Max Power

Reaction score
A couple things worth mentioning. You need a special ford radio removal tool to remote the radio. There are also 2 7mm bolts that you have to loosen off a bit on the top of the radio opening once the radion is removed.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
What kind of tools do you use and how do you remove all of the stuff (I've never done anything like this LoL)

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
FORD - F

Well done , looks good. Ac vent has me thinking. -popcorn

Now take some pics when you replace your pinion seal on the rear axel . :D

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BROKER said:
FNow take some pics when you replace your pinion seal on the rear axel . :D

You noticed that too huh. Truck only has 40,000 miles and the freakin pinion seal is leaking. WTF?!

The screen in the AC vent is a "Dakota Digital" 4 port pressure gauge with a tank port also. Can display all 5 pressures at once. (tank, LF, RF, LR, RR). I will only be using LR and RR and so the display will switch to left and right, instead of front and rear.

They also sell that gauge in a ROUND gauge, but the rectangle fit the AC vent PERFECTLY.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14