one of my friends is gettin' cocky and wants to pull w/ me

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
ok heres the thing. one of my buddies has a 2000 1/2 chevy 4x4 gasser and he has been talking a lot of smack b/c i won't pull with him. anyways i'm gettin' tired of his big mouth and would really like to shut him up. my truck's stock and of course has smaller tires than his and is 2WD. would 4X4 and bigger tires be enough for his gasser to actually pull me or do ya'll think if i got enough weight in the rearend i could haul ***** with him spinnin' all fours? just want to know before i try anything. don't really wanna do it, but he's pi$$in' me off b/c he keep talkin' bs about my "ford" and that "powerstroke" isn't all it's cracked up to be and that kinda stuff. so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah that's what i've been trying to do since i got the truck. i'm thinkin' about puttin' a chain on his driveshaft then hookin' that to something really big and stationary so when he takes off like a bat outta h3LL it will f*** his truck up. but i ain't mean like that. oh well

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Travis, If I wasn't so far away I'd come to see ya just to teach him a lesson! My 38's and 4:56's in 4 low would teach him a lesson right quick!

Big Tone

Powerstroker
Reaction score
If you do decide to hook them up, make sure you have plenty of weight over rear axle, deflate rear tires to about 25psi.
This is more about traction and weight than it is power, his ace in the hole is 4 low, but if you make sure your truck weights more than his I'd bet on the PSD.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Ignore him--it's not worth breaking your truck to shut up an a-hole.

x eleventy billion

And don't bother with a chain on his driveshaft, just run some zip ties around it so the loose end of the zip ties will whack against him, good way to confuse the crap out of him.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Travis, looks like you have a very nice looking truck. Keep it that way and you will get lots of more miles out of it. It's just not worth the cost of a new rear end ($1500.00)or new transmission ($4000.00)for a joker like this. Yes he would out pull because he has 4 x 4 and you have 4 x 2 and that is the only reason.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
His higher bumper hight will work against you. Will have a tendency to take the weight off your rear wheels.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14