one of my friends is gettin' cocky and wants to pull w/ me

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah i'm not gonna do it, but if my stepdad gets with him on it. then that kid has no chance. my stepdad has a 97' dodge 3500 dually 4x4. and it has already shown me that it will definitely outrun my psd just from me driving both of um. thanks to everyone who posted on this forum and ya'll really did help in my decision to not pull with him b/c he had me really frustrated:cussing: , but now i'm good. thanks again ya'll

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait until summer when its good and hot. Hook up 10,000 pound trailers and go find a nice mountain pass. Both pull the pass loaded and A/C on of course. Then continue on the trip and see who has to fill up first. That should shut him up. Overall, though, I would wouldn't waste my time. The guy obviously doesn't know squat. Cheers!

Big Tone

Powerstroker
Reaction score
yeah i'm not gonna do it, but if my stepdad gets with him on it. then that kid has no chance. my stepdad has a 97' dodge 3500 dually 4x4. and it has already shown me that it will definitely outrun my psd just from me driving both of um. thanks to everyone who posted on this forum and ya'll really did help in my decision to not pull with him b/c he had me really frustrated:cussing: , but now i'm good. thanks again ya'll

Is your step dads 12 valve modded?
If its not you could really use an Intake and exhaust.
CTDs will pull but thier slow as mud unless you've got about $5k in them!

Reaction score
Tell him you'd be happy to get into a pullin' contest with him....pullin' a 5th wheel. See if he can beat you at that! ;)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There you go Scarlet Nape, That would be a good pulling test. Let that little 1500 Chevy hook-up to my fifth wheel. First off the tongue weight along would brake down the rear of his truck (Use caution when calling a 1500 Chevy a truck) At 14500 he would have a hard time moving it up and down the hills on a highway at say just 50 MPH. Yes the Ford would not work up a sweat over pulling it.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would have to say that your psd would pull it, the 5.3 gasser is a decent engine but it only has like 290hp and 290 torque. also being a 1500 chevy it has the ****ty 4l60 auto trans that is garbage and the gm 10 bolt garbage rearend. if it were a duramax, it might be a different story. my 05 duramax would beat the crap out of my psd stock to stock, but its 8 years newer and much more advanced. i personally would not try this.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah i told him today that i would have a pulling contest with him with each of us pulling a 28ft. gooseneck trailer with a bobcat, diggin' bit, frontend loader, and tree choppers on it. and see who can get to ozona, texas first. then come back b/c while he is sittin' at gas station after gas station i will be cruisin' down the highway laughin' my ***** off. but he told me no b/c he doesn't have a gooseneck hitch, so he challenged me to pull a 16ft. flatbed bumper pull to harper and back. each one of us with a tractor on the trailer and see who gets there first. of course i agreed to it. so come july we will do this and the ford will more than likely whip that chevy POS. i think that he wants to race me as well, but that will NOT happen being as i have a 5sp. manual stock diesel and he has an automatic gasser

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
and big tone to answer your question. yes my stepdad's 12 valve is modded, but currently is leaking oil rather rapidly out of a valve cover. he has upgraded the restricter plate, turned up his injector pump and a couple other things that i don't know about. my brother has a 99' dodge 3/4ton with an edge comp box. he has injectors too, but he hasn't put them in yet. my future goal is to outrun both of those dodges being as all of our trucks are manuals.

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do it in july, that will give you time to do some more mods to yer truck, make it not stock.

Git that intake/exhaust and gauges THEN a chip.... That would help you out.

Just dont be stupid... It could cost you not being able to drive yer truck for awhile. I did some stupid stuff this last summer, and was just plain LUCKY nothing broke, because stuff should have.

Best of Luck,
-Matt

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I dont think pulling a 16 ft flatbed is going to be any chore for the Chevy, I pulled bigger loads than that with an S-10 and maintained posted speed limits no problemo. So, that load wont test the Chevy and surely wont test the PSD. Waste of time and fuel IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14