Online fittings source?

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Need a source for JIC (also known as SAE37) fittings, can't find 'em online, and hate Mcmaster-carr's catalog (way too big!). Looking for fittings for 3/8" pipe, with NPT, barbed, and AN- style ends. Need tee's, Y's, bulkhead fittings and unions. Otherwise I might have to use Jeg's AN- fittings, which I have been told are more expensive than the brass ones. Any leads?

thanks!

bluefxstc

Hog Flyer
Reaction score
RazzyB said:
Need a source for JIC (also known as SAE37) fittings, can't find 'em online, and hate Mcmaster-carr's catalog (way too big!). Looking for fittings for 3/8" pipe, with NPT, barbed, and AN- style ends. Need tee's, Y's, bulkhead fittings and unions. Otherwise I might have to use Jeg's AN- fittings, which I have been told are more expensive than the brass ones. Any leads?

thanks!

RazzyB

I got this link from FN74

http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/index.html

You can also get AN to npt adaptors at summit which is where I plan on buying most of mine. Most of my conversion is AN so I only need a couple of adaptors. All of my tees are AN to AN. The only adaptors I am using is out of my tank and then into the fuel rails. At least that is all I am planning on for now, subject to change as I get farther along. ;) Good to see you over here.

Bluefxstc

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
bluefxstc said:
RazzyB

I got this link from FN74

http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/index.html

You can also get AN to npt adaptors at summit which is where I plan on buying most of mine. Most of my conversion is AN so I only need a couple of adaptors. All of my tees are AN to AN. The only adaptors I am using is out of my tank and then into the fuel rails. At least that is all I am planning on for now, subject to change as I get farther along. ;) Good to see you over here.

Bluefxstc

Thanks for the link, Blue. I like the look of the AN connectors, but the JIC ones are the same geometry (37 degrees) and about 1/3 the cost. Be nice to see a schematic of your system, when do you plan to install? Good to see you here as well. I just did a online chat session with scott (sagebel) and worked out some kinks with my coolant plans, was much handier than the tds chat.

take care.

bluefxstc

Hog Flyer
Reaction score
RazzyB

Just finishing building a custom tank for the bed of the truck. Will be about 50 gal with a 3 gal sump just forward of the right rear tire. Almost all of the welding is complete I just have a few things to finish and then seal with POR-15. Current plan is to use an exhaust heat exchanger to heat the oil but I built the tank with the option to install coolant heat and also heater elements from an electric hot water tank. I am not a big fan of mixing coolant and fuel. I am using a holley blue pump to circulate the oil through the heat exchanger and provide a slight positive pressure to the WVO filter and high pressure pump. For a filter I have a Racor C90 with electric heat. The high pressure fuel will be provided by an Aeromotive pump and a bypass regulator to control the pressure. My original plan was to just feed the WVO into the alternate ports on the fuel rail similar to FN74 first plan. Install a check valve in the WVO side and use the check valves that are already in the stock ford system to stop WVO oil back flow into the diesel. I say original plan because someone at TDS said that the stock check valves were not really check valves so time will tell on that. If these valves turn out to not be check valves then I will end up doing a manifold system similar to CPUneck and FN74 but time will tell on that one. I have a bunch of stainless steel pipe fittings to do this but I would rather avoid it if possible. I like the idea of leaving the stock system alone and regulating use of diesel or WVO with pressure and check valves. All of the tubing in the system is stainless steel stainless steel braided with AN fittings. I picked up a bunch of it on Ebay pretty reasonable. I don’t think there is much else. It is a pretty simple system. I have all of the parts I am just a little slow in getting it going. Been pretty wet here in southern Oregon so kind of waiting until the weather gets better to pull the truck apart. What kind of system are you installing?

Bluefxstc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg