Out of the Powerstroke Business (a rant)

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perhaps your FUEL gauge (more likely the sending unit in the tank) is bad.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Perhaps someone is helping themselves to your fuel while you sleep.

My mechanic has that problem. He thinks his step kid siphons the fuel from his truck into the car. :roflmao

JL what are you willing to spend? Those new focuses supposedly get 34 mpg. The state recently had an auction and you could have picked up an ex. trooper crown vic for $2000. They had less than 100,000 miles.

Granholm must be desperate they were selling office supplies and petty stuff. :rant

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 97 explorer gets 17-18 mpg. Our 2006 6.0 PSD gets 18.5 to 21 mpg depending on how fast we go. Wifes car is a 2007 Focus that she gets 28 to 33 mpg.

DL;

Trade in your 7.3 for a (05 or 06) 6.0, and buy a economy car for everyday driving. That way, you have a truck you can use, and an fuel efficient car. There are a few cars out there that get 40 plus mpg.

The focus gets 28 mpg at 70 plus mph, and 33 mpg at 60 mph.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
VW is going to bring an '08 back, problem is they still have trouble meeting the emissions. latest poop is 3rd quarter....

or you could go with the Toureg or step up and get the MB 320CDI... who knows, maybe the other rumored cars might make it like the BMW or the Audi..

dp

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it better have a crankcase full of fuel, so I can blame it on something..

that's 6.6mpg
it did NOT have a crankcase full of fuel, neither does it have a fuel bowl leak.. it IS throwing a #6 injector won't switch low/high code, which it's done since I've owned it... the place I fuel is a Pacific Pride, and very few people buy fuel retail there, I buy it out of convienience. There's a Speedway right across the street that has diesel, but they're a nickle higher...

Untill I get something else parked in the yard, I'm gonna drive 10 miles out of my way to a BP up on the north end of town that has S500 and see if that helps any (same place I was buying bio when it was available)...

I ordered a less aggressive set of tires for it poke for Goodyear... dumb move this time of year in this climate, but Jeebus H Cripes on a Crutch, I can NOT keep this up. I'm trying to pay some stuff off so I can be basically debt free when we make an offer on a farm we're looking at. That's the one reason I don't dump it altogether.. we need it to haul the horses..

as far as the fuel siphoning, the truck is parked under watchful eye of three loudmouth dogs at night, and within an air hose of my service desk at the shop... anybody fools with it, I know.

dammit Beavis, this this SUCKS.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14