Overhead Console

kbaxter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was contemplating putting in the Overhead Console. Mine didn't come with one. A couple of questions. Does anyone know where the wiring harness goes too on the ones that have it? Does it go directly to a connector, or is this an unplug from one truck and plug into another situation? Would this work on a truck that it didn't come on, by just swapping the needed harness wires and installing the overhead? I have one I can get at a junk yard, but don't want to spend the money unless I know it will work when finished.

John Boucher

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've never done it before with a super duty but: When I did it in my bronco I used a ford explorer overhead console it still had the pig tail on it and I wired it up, you will need the sensor for outside temp looks like this:

sensor.jpg

The only things that worked were the time/compass and outside air temp and lights. The liar meter or miles per gallon and or miles till empty didn't work. I didn't want to hack into any harnesses to make those work.

kbaxter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Got the Overhead Console and found the connector under the right side kick panel and plugged it in. Then found the Temperature Sender connector under the front of the lower left of the front left fender and it plugged right in and it all worked. Now, all I need to do is cut the headliner hole and route the wires so that I have it all in there. There are visor plugs in the same harness and will allow me to plug in the lighted visors when I find them.

I'll take some pictures and write this up if anyone wants to know what I've done. Let me know, or I won't waste my time. Best part is the outside temperature and directional compass.

outcastrc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would love to do this to my 04. So theres at least one guy out there thats interested in your write up...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58