Overheating

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
After the local Dyno Event today, as I was headed home, I really got on it on the freeway, and shortly after the "buzzer" went off on my Banks PDA alerting me to the engine being too hot, sure enought look down at the guage, and it was pegged out.

Before I could get over the 3 lanes of traffic to pull over, the temp went back down to normal on the guage, and according to the PDA, I was about 5 miles from home so I just kept going.

When I got home I noticed the entire inner fender on the front drivers' side wheel well was wet, sure enought with coolant. So I pop the hood, and it looks like coolant just sprayed out everywhere from the reservoir bottle, and the all evaporated just leaving what looked like hard water spots all over everything around it. And I was about 2 quarts low on coolant.

I let it cool off a couple hours, then topped it off and drove a few miles, just enought to get back to operating temperature, and everything seemed fine. They're are no codes being thrown or anything.

Any ideas as to what might have caused this, or things to look out for:dunno

Thanks

promotionfitness

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just happened to me this past Friday night. 3 hours of towing a 5500Lb. enclosed trailer my head gasket blew. I have the six gun bundle w/exhaust and filter. 37k on the truck.:rant

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just happened to me this past Friday night. 3 hours of towing a 5500Lb. enclosed trailer my head gasket blew. I have the six gun bundle w/exhaust and filter. 37k on the truck.:rant

what tests have you performed that indicate blow head gaskets ?
ive got 60k on mine and ive towed 5k + and never had an issue.

Ummm....sounds like the usual puking 6oh. Ask Bama about that issue.

usual puking 6oh...gosh i must be lucky that mine has never puked
('cept when i over filled the degas bottle).

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
i have heard of our motors "puking coolant" when modded up, but i've never run across it, and i dont know exactly what causes it, but it seems to pretty common especially when running modules as opposed to downloaders

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58