Parallel Turbos Almost Ready for Testing

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There has been lots of talk and controversy in the past and still today about how parallel stock turbos or just any parallel turbos will respond on a Power Stroke.

Well the wondering will be over shortly and we will know how they will respond.

Here is a short video for your viewing pleasure: http://video.superdutydiesel.com/video/b3be5dcc-049c-4e17-b7aa-987d00f4dc97.htm

I have been working on this project the past several weeks and now it is finally near completion. I should have the last couple pieces to the puzzle here Tuesday and will hopefully be testing the system out on the road that night.

I put this system together simply just to see what will happen and to maybe finally lay some of the questions to rest. What ever the results are I will be sure to make them public even if my efforts have been for nothing and the setup is a flop. But, I tend to not go to such work if I have to many doubts of the end results. I guess we will have to see what happens.

Check out the video and let’s hear what you all think.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why does it look like one turbo is smoking more than the other?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not too sure you can tell anything unless they get a load on it. Should pull like an SOB when they get it running outside. I would like to see that.

Dave

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
jopes said:
why does it look like one turbo is smoking more than the other?

Not sure exactly why one bank was smoking more than the other but they did eventually even out somewhat. This video was taken shortly after I got it fired up and I am thinking that air in the HPOS and fuel system was the cause of the smoke difference as some injectors were ingesting the air. There is still air in the system and after I finally get it out to drive I am sure both banks will even out completly as soon as all the air is gone.

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
jopes said:
This going to be a pulling truck, or a daily driver?

Just depends on how the setup responds. I would like for it to still be daily drivable but I am mostly interested in a pulling and/or drag strip toy.

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got it out on the streets today and about the only thing I can tell you all right now is that I will be putting smaller exhaust housings on next week.

Turbos would never light as the boost max I seen was around 7psi and that was all I could ever get out it. This is about what I was expecting before I started but thought I would try it with the stock housings first just to see what would happen.

I will get the smaller housings on order and hopefully have them in next week some time. I am just trying to decide if I should try the 1.00 first or go ahead and get the .84 and be done with it.

I will let be sure to post updates as they come.

When thing I did accomplish today is I think I managed to kill every bug in about a 10 mile radius from all the smoke. :roflmao

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and be safe!!!!!:sweet

cliff-1972

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would say go with the .84 turbine housings sense you are doing a parallel set up.My single has a .81 turbine:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg