Parental words of wisdom

Fine69

Reaction score
A good line I remember my dad saying was, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove it". Kind of fits this thread pretty well. (Not that any of you guys are idiots)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dad told me: Boy ?, don't' EVER believe a Damn thing you Read in the Paper, or some Report. And, only half of what you see, 'til it's clear in yer own head. Work Hard for everything you want.. and share it all with the good folks you'll meet down the road.

My Grampa told me: We come in to this Life, Buck Naked, Son. If we have any friends left, when Life over, we'll go out in a Suit. Depending how hard you work, the Lady you marry, the friends you make.. and keep, will decide how Cheap the Suit is.

Kinda funny ? I thought so, at the time... But DANG if there aint alota truth there.

I miss my Grampa.. ALOT. My Dad is still with me. 83 years old and Go'n Strong in his RotoTilling business with my Bro.

Life is Good ;tu

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dad told me: Boy ?, don't' EVER believe a Damn thing you Read in the Paper, or some Report. And, only half of what you see, 'til it's clear in yer own head. Work Hard for everything you want.. and share it all with the good folks you'll meet down the road.

My Grampa told me: We come in to this Life, Buck Naked, Son. If we have any friends left, when Life over, we'll go out in a Suit. Depending how hard you work, the Lady you marry, the friends you make.. and keep, will decide how Cheap the Suit is.

Kinda funny ? I thought so, at the time... But DANG if there aint alota truth there.

I miss my Grampa.. ALOT. My Dad is still with me. 83 years old and Go'n Strong in his RotoTilling business with my Bro.

Life is Good ;tu

Your a fortunate man Big Joe,, with having your dad still with you. :sweet

Ten_Bucks

Chainsaw Collector.
Reaction score
My grandfather taught me how to rebuild a carburetor at the age of 5. By the time I was 9, he had me rebuilding engines by myself. He taught me everything he knew all the way up until the day he died in 1988. I sometimes use the things he taught me still to this day.

Scott

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your a fortunate man Big Joe,, with having your dad still with you. :sweet

I sure am Lloyd. He's a good, honest hard work'n man.

I attribute my being able to sit here in Chattanooga Tennesee, in the 5r (@ 4+ bucks a Gal ;)) to Him and my Gramps.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I sure am Lloyd. He's a good, honest hard work'n man.

I attribute my being able to sit here in Chattanooga Tennesee, in the 5r (@ 4+ bucks a Gal ;)) to Him and my Gramps.

Man Joe, I wish you would come on down I-59, say to the Collinsville exit so we could meet up for a few minutes.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man Joe, I wish you would come on down I-59, say to the Collinsville exit so we could meet up for a few minutes.

So far.. I havent been able to Meet'n Greet anybody Bama. just aint work'n out.

Right now we're just south of Valdosta, Ga, Set-up for a few days to rest up for the Disney World deal. leave here Sunday AM and shoot thru to Orlando.

The Disney thing is a Reservation deal so we're kinda committed to it. Maybe once thats done, we're think'n 'bout head'n back North some... Maybe up in yer parts.. We'll see.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe you're beginning to make it down to my neck of the woods, and just in time for some cooler and less humid weather (cool is defined by not hitting 90 and less humid means that you're not dripping wet after 1.2 min outside).

There's some great history in St. Augustine and quite a few rv parks in the area and even a few on the beach.

I've always noted the parks there as I pass through a KOA on one side and Eagle's Roost on the other side but figured that there would be tons of noise from the highway.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
A good line I remember my dad saying was, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove it". Kind of fits this thread pretty well. (Not that any of you guys are idiots)

well as you see id rather people know im an idiot than to let them think it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe you're beginning to make it down to my neck of the woods, and just in time for some cooler and less humid weather (cool is defined by not hitting 90 and less humid means that you're not dripping wet after 1.2 min outside).

There's some great history in St. Augustine and quite a few rv parks in the area and even a few on the beach.

I've always noted the parks there as I pass through a KOA on one side and Eagle's Roost on the other side but figured that there would be tons of noise from the highway.

I hear ya on the Cooler weather ! NICE. Actually a bit nippy this AM.

We're staying at a Military RV park, Grassy Pond (I=75, exit 5) run by Moody AFB. Dead quiet here at night, 'bout 2 miles west of the highway. Sposta be a pair of nesting eagles here also.. we're guna check it, and the area out, in the next few days.

;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58