Parking Angle

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I have a new 6.7L F250 and have seen a low oil pressure message every time I start the truck when I have parked pointing uphill. When I park pointing downhill I do not get low oil pressure message. My driveway, according to the dash info center is 5 to 6 degrees. Is the oil pump located so that an angle of 6 degrees could cause it to be starved for oil?

Thanks

JRJ04

Reaction score
nah theres no way a slope can affect it like that. have you checked the oil level when its on level ground?

That would be a good place to start.

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Oil level is OK, and now I get the low oil pressure warning message almost every time I start it up. A slight increase in RPM seems to kill the light but it goes to the shop tuesday for a look-see.

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
two trips to the dealer and I still get the low oil pressure light on the first start of the day, or any cold start. Oil pump is good and pressure is normal on startup according to the mechanics. They have flashed the most current programing twice but they cannot make the warning go away. They say it's "normal" for the info to pop up but it should go away in less than five seconds. Mine does not. Open to suggestions ????

JRJ04

Reaction score
i would try another dealer...

something still isn't right and it needs to be dealt with. bad sensor maybe?

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update: Low Oil Pressure Warning not resolved. Dealer replaced oil pressure gauge, sending unit (9278A) and switch assy (6U5Z*9278*D). I got the truck back and on the first start of the day (9-8-11) the low oil pressure warning came on the instrument panel and stayed on. Dealer has alread done the TSB of the IC cluster and it is the most current version.

This occurs on all cold starts but not warm starts.
The warning will remain on the instrument panel untill the truck is put in gear and driven a short distance.
Odometer is 680

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sept 26 update.
After four trips to the dealer for the warning, they replicated the parking angle of my driveway and (low and behold) the truck gave the low oil pressure warning ( and associated front end rattle ) and it went away when they lowered the front end of the truck. So.... it did have something to do with parking angle all along. All the other tests and inspections were done on the lift. When level it rarely gives the warning. Engine surgery begins tuesday morning to find the issue. I'll let you know what they find.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY, Very Interesting about the 5~6% grade= Low Oil psi warning.

It'll be interesting to hear what they find, after surgery.

:coffee

I-70 comes to mind.. and all the mountain roads & highways around Lakewood.. :eek::eek: If it IS, or WAS.. starving for oil.

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope this is not a trend with all 6.7's. Maybe Ford should research this and issue a recall once they find out what's causing your truck's problems.

nbookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make u wonder what its doing going up a high grade, say the 7% grade on the pass out of denver? I've been really eye balling the 6.7. hope ford didnt fail again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58