Parking Angle

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
My driveway is fairly steep (8 degrees) and I haven't had any issues.

DSC02858.jpg

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
looks like the oil pump was bad from the begining. dealer pulled the oil pan and it was full of copper....a bad sign. a ford engineer is now directing the engine tear down, I am guessing every bearing surface is etched including the turbo. Looks like a new engine will be coming from the factory, soon I hope. more when I know.

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Resolution to Low Oil Pressure Issue

The decision has been made.. jack up the radiator cap and replace everything else. An all new engine , including new turbo will be pulled off the line and sent to Denver. Nothing will be reused or rebuilt. Should get it back in 9 or 10 more days.

Final engineers opinion.....
During assembly of the engine, bolts were cross threaded making the oil pump seal fail and cavitate whenever less than level blowing up the bearings in the process. It was probably doing it as I drove but could not hear it but it maintained some minium pressure. The appropriate remedy has been determined and will be implemented. Good for Ford,

Kind of amazing that the bolts were X-threaded - I think a lot of the engine assembly is done robotically. Guess even robots can screw up. It's a testament to the durability of the engine assembly that it held together, despite less than optimal oil flow and with contaminated oil. Of all the available diesel trucks, I bought a Ford, hands down - best, most innovative powerplant design - and the killer interior and gage package. This experience with Ford's willingness to do what's right solidifies my opinion.
Thanks to everyone for your input, and thanks to Cory at Ford Customer Service for your assistance too

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The decision has been made.. jack up the radiator cap and replace everything else. An all new engine , including new turbo will be pulled off the line and sent to Denver. Nothing will be reused or rebuilt. Should get it back in 9 or 10 more days.

Final engineers opinion.....
During assembly of the engine, bolts were cross threaded making the oil pump seal fail and cavitate whenever less than level blowing up the bearings in the process. It was probably doing it as I drove but could not hear it but it maintained some minium pressure. The appropriate remedy has been determined and will be implemented. Good for Ford,

Kind of amazing that the bolts were X-threaded - I think a lot of the engine assembly is done robotically. Guess even robots can screw up. It's a testament to the durability of the engine assembly that it held together, despite less than optimal oil flow and with contaminated oil. Of all the available diesel trucks, I bought a Ford, hands down - best, most innovative powerplant design - and the killer interior and gage package. This experience with Ford's willingness to do what's right solidifies my opinion.
Thanks to everyone for your input, and thanks to Cory at Ford Customer Service for your assistance too

AS IT SHOULD BE :sweet

KUDO's to FORD MOTOR COMPANY for DOING THE RIGHT THING.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58