Pic of 08

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. I'm holding out to see what happens with the 6.4L It may be great, but I'm not a test dummy. On top of the new motor, Navistar stopped sending Ford motors. -mad

i really think this is the engine that will save ford...if they will ever work things out with navistar...:( i really hope they do, cuz i want to own one of the 6.4's.

jonlorio

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hmmm interesting, our king ranches and lariats and xlt's have the chrome bumpers....weird...

well that is weird. i am not going to argue with what you saw lol. i also notice in the pics i see on the net roaming around, that all of the KR's have painted tan bumpers as well. :doh:

maybe it's an option?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a rather hokey GM commercial last night for the new Duracrap... it was pulling a bunch of railroad cars down the tracks loaded with other trucks. It was a dually, with no guide wheels on it, and had just negotiated a sweeping turn.

Uh... no... sorry...

I can see it being able to pull the rr cars, the cars are all equipped with roller bearing trucks, (which by the way when Timken brought this out in the late 30's they had 4 girls in high heals pull a 200 ton steam engine in the terminal to show how little force was needed to make it move) which is hardly a feat for a truck... any truck, including a ranger! The question is how fast can it accelerate that load? Besides all this crap, how the heck does it stay on the rails without bogey wheels? It doesn't...

I will say this though. It was a very sharp looking truck, way better than what we're offering...

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I saw a rather hokey GM commercial last night for the new Duracrap... it was pulling a bunch of railroad cars down the tracks loaded with other trucks. It was a dually, with no guide wheels on it, and had just negotiated a sweeping turn.

Uh... no... sorry...

I can see it being able to pull the rr cars, the cars are all equipped with roller bearing trucks, (which by the way when Timken brought this out in the late 30's they had 4 girls in high heals pull a 200 ton steam engine in the terminal to show how little force was needed to make it move) which is hardly a feat for a truck... any truck, including a ranger! The question is how fast can it accelerate that load? Besides all this crap, how the heck does it stay on the rails without bogey wheels? It doesn't...

I will say this though. It was a very sharp looking truck, way better than what we're offering...

I think that the truck looks like crap. The huge bumper that sticks out past the wheel wells kills me.:roflmao Everyone has an opinion though. If you read the fine print in that commercial, it says "fictional" and some other hookie crap.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that is weird. i am not going to argue with what you saw lol. i also notice in the pics i see on the net roaming around, that all of the KR's have painted tan bumpers as well. :doh:

maybe it's an option?

ha! wow! it must be. i havent seen one yet with painted bumpers. t in the pic i posted at the start of this post, that truck is a king ranch with the chrome bumper, and all the ones next to it had them. i guess it all depends on your region.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Uh... no... sorry...

man the new chevys, (imo), are sooooo ugly! i dont see how anyone is liking them, kinda like the new tundras!

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying I'd buy one, Just that I liked their headlights better than ours. I wonder if there was some federal BS that came down about the height of the lights?

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally i like the new head lights on ours. and the only thing i like on the silverado are their headlights. if they made the trucks look like the tahoes it would be a good lookin truck.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64