PICS: High School Stadium (72MILLION)

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres some insight to what SPEND thier money on....
and there isnt a HIGH SHOOL attached for several MILES !

personally i think they cheap'd out when they didnt do the
retractable roof...could have done natural grass...since its
"open air"...but i guess that wasnt good 'nough for 'em...
its ASTRO Turf'd TOO !

exterior photos of FOOTBALL STADIUM & INTERIOR PHOTOS...
http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/index.php?showtopic=5193

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I wonder what the literacy rate and graduation rate is for that school? Seems a bit extravagent for high school sports.... jmho.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
just shows the stupid priorities here. We cant pay our teachers or buy books but by God we can have a football stadium that makes the Cowboys' stadium look like a dirt lot.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
just shows the stupid priorities here. We cant pay our teachers or buy books but by God we can have a football stadium that makes the Cowboys' stadium look like a dirt lot.

wow thats some place

I agree that money could have been spent on maybe literacy and MATH skills :dunno
do high school teams get money from alumni :D :D

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I would be livid if that was my money but from what I understand Texans take their high school sports very seriously and probably like it.

Reaction score
RenoF250 said:
I would be livid if that was my money but from what I understand Texans take their high school sports very seriously and probably like it.

We do take our football seriously (HS Football is great!), but not our education system. If you want a model for how NOT to run an education system, look at Texas! :(

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have something like this (although not as extravagant) in the DFW area. The Plano Independent School District has a middle school located in the adjoining city of Murphy (Murphy's kids go to Plano and Wylie schools). In the center of the property is a HUGE stadium and parking lot. Off to the side, on the edge of the property is the middle school. Some of you in the area know which one this is. Kinda makes you wonder where the priorities are: Oh I forgot - FOOTBALL!!! But then there's not much better than Texas High School Football.

CBSuperDuty

Got Looney???
Reaction score
WOW... I can't even imagine what it would be like to play ball in a place like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg