Pics of new sound/video system

stumppuller08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alpine W505, Blackbird nav, Alpine overhead player, JBL speakers.....

Finally made time to take some pics of the Alpine W505. Everything went in fine. Still am waiting on the backup camera. Had the speakers replaced too. Very happy with the sound and video. Steering controls work fine too.

You can switch the colors of the screens and styles. I selected amber (matches my interior really well). I had an overhead player put in for the kids. It had a built in DVD player as well. I can send video from the W505 to the rear overhead or vice-versa. Overhead player came with 1 set of wireless headphones. Has audio/video inputs too.

Blackbird syncs with my phone (Motorola Razor) just fine. Also tested it with the wife's Iphone. Imported my phonebook easily. Phone will take over if a call comes in while listening to radio/ipod/sirius. I am using an ipod touch connected through the usb. Fast and user-friendly.

The only negatives so far are that while in navigation, you can't listen to Sirius, Ipod, radio. The blackbird has a SD card slot that you load mp3's on and listen that way. Currently can only watch video through a nano or classic ipod. Hopefully future updates will allow video through the itouch. The other downer is that the ability to load your own wallpaper is undermined by the fact that you can only see that wallpaper on the DVD source. Kind of moot because on the DVD source, you're watching something and it's not the wallpaper.

*** Note - DVD menu (style 1) shows the wallpaper that I downloaded to test.

Sirius menu - style 1
Picture005.jpg

Sirius menue - style 2
Picture006.jpg

Ipod menu - style 1
Picture009.jpg

Ipod menu - style 2
Picture010.jpg

DVD playing on W505
Picture012.jpg

Rear seat view
Picture014.jpg

Source menu
Picture015.jpg

DVD menu - style 1
Picture017.jpg

DVD menu - style 2
Picture018.jpg

Blackbird nav
Picture019.jpg

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only negatives so far are that while in navigation, you can't listen to Sirius, Ipod, radio.

That stinks, I can use the navigation and do the XM,radio,CD with out any problem. Is there a setting for the nav. I can set a place to go and then flip to the radio and as turns come up, it does a half screen and shows the turn.

I have the pioneer D-3.

stumppuller08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. You can use the nav while listening/watching other sources. You just select the source that you want to hear/view. Then use the Visual button to select nav. Route guidance will mute out the sound when you're getting close to a turn, etc.

Also was able to get my wallpaper up on a source other than the DVD. Select the source and then select Disc under Visual.

Picture.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58