Pistol brand recommendations?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 but.. It's not so much What Kind, Caliber or what you Paid.. as it is: How familure and acurate you >>STAY<< with a Weapon of choice ?

We have an older Ruger, Single Action, Western style.. 22 Mag (w/Talons) we keep "At The ready", and a Glock 9mm, for back up.

We go to our local range often, to keep Current, Comfortable and SAFE.. on thier use.. should we ever have to use'm.. (And, GOD, I hope we Don't)

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Just my .02 but.. It's not so much What Kind, Caliber or what you Paid.. as it is: How familure and acurate you >>STAY<< with a Weapon of choice ?

We have an older Ruger, Single Action, Western style.. 22 Mag (w/Talons) we keep "At The ready", and a Glock 9mm, for back up.

We go to our local range often, to keep Current, Comfortable and SAFE.. on thier use.. should we ever have to use'm.. (And, GOD, I hope we Don't)

X2:sweet Well said Big Joe.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
dude, I'm tellin' ya..
I had the Springfield IN MY HAND..
and put it down and bought the Ruger..
might be more accurate out-of-the-box, but..
the Springfield is much more fitting of my hand (short, stubby fingers)

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys (knew I could count on ya!). After looking at the guns you all suggested, I really liked the XD line from Springfield and the little Bersa.

I've got a few questions about both:

1.) I noticed that the XD's are made from a composite material.... I'm wondering how this material will hold up 20-30+ years from now? I know it's a super-strong material, but I want this to be something that can be handed down to future generations.

2.) The XD's also came with a grip-safety.... Never had any experience w/ those- pros/cons?? Hard to shoot? Get in the way?

3.) The Bersa looks like an awesome little gun (under $300 too - definitely in my price range!), but I'm wondering if the caliber is too small? I really like the "big-bore/small frame" pistols. Guess it'd be good for a back-up gun - I just wanna make sure that I don't have to empty the clip to stop him! :guns:

I've already got a Rossi .44 Spl snub-nose revolver and I LOVE it! Guess that's what got me hooked on the larger calibers. :sweet

If you don't want to empty the clip , I suggest the Glock .45. One shot anywhere in him and He will have other things on his mind than taking your stuff!!:sly:sly:dizzy

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

Good point...
no one has ever died of a .44 to the knee...

metzer.hr

METZ44
Reaction score
I am an avid shooter and belong to my local IDPA club. I own a XD in 9m and 40. Both are fine shooting weapons.I use my H&K for competitions. I have several rugars,cheap to buy and shoot great out of the box. You do get what you pay for so stay away from cheap manufactured guns.I also have a 380 sig. great gun very smooth. You can get a great deal on used pistols at a well known gun dealer, ask around im sure some one can point you in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14