Please help!!!

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please Help! It looks like the State of Arizona will be cancelling the lease for the land that Speedworld Motorplex sits on. It is not currently known how long Speedworld will be able to remain open as negotiations are still ongoing. Speedworld is attempting to keep the drag strip open through April (about 120 days) so it can complete the spring schedule and not have to back out of all of the events that are already being promoted...like the 6th Annual NHRDA Desert Diesel Nationals (our race). Speedworld needs our help!

We need to let the State of Arizona know that Speedworld is not just a "Race Track". Speedworld has provided families and friends a place to bond through motorsports, helped to teach sportsmanship to young and old alike and provided a safe and legal place for performance enthusiasts to test their vehicles without breaking the law or endangering other motorists or pedestrians on the street. Speedworld has provided income for hospitality businesses (hotels and restaurants) in the area for many years, and the employees at Speedworld will not be the only ones hurt by the closure.

Please, if you have ever been to Speedworld to race or spectate, or if you were considering coming to Speedworld to attend our upcoming race or any other event, help us out! Write a short letter to our Governor asking for her help in resolving this situation and keeping Speedworld open and in it's current location. Obviously the largest impact is felt by those of us here in the Phoenix area, but we need our friends that have traveled from other states or countries to help us make the case for Speedworlds impact in the local economy, we need our Governor to see that Speedworld really does bring in racers and spectators from outside of Arizona.

Below is all of the contact information I have for Arizona Governor Jan Brewer. Please, take a few minutes and let her know why you feel it's important to keep Speedworld open!

US Mail:
The Honorable Janice K. Brewer
Arizona Governor
Executive Tower
1700 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007

E-Mail:
http://www.azgovernor.gov/Contact.asp

Facebook (you can't post, but you can message):
https://www.facebook.com/GovJanBrewer

Telephone:
(602) 542-4331

We seriously need people to take action, and we're only asking for a few minutes to write a letter and a few cents for a stamp...or a quick electronic message.

Thank You!
Everyone at Strictly Diesel

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't know. May have to do with lease terms that require them to maintain proper permits and Speedworlds ongoing problems getting permits from the county.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound more like a developer wanting the land and county looking at the tax revenue. I see this here were I'm at all the time. We had a track closed down in odessa fl and a year later there was 250 homes on it.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have read its sounding more to be a liability problems. States and Counties don't want to be sue. By others if something happens at the track and the track cant cover it.

Has anybody talked to the NHRA and others about this?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liability and Permit ploy's smacks of "Encroachment" Dennis. The Developers, in league with local Gov's, have their [long term] ways.

The Mesa Marin Speedway, in Bakersfield, Ca comes to mind ?

(I emailed your Gov though)

Joe

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
they had to buy liability insurance through the County? Is that how I read this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58