Help Needed Please help!

Roccafellas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! New to the forum! Purchasing a 08 job 1 (05/07) 6.4.. 289,000km for $4000!! Crew cab fx4 ex-work truck. Says it needs 2 glow plugs a 4x4 vacuum actuator (stays stuck in 4x4??) and a dpf because it says its constantly cleaning.. if i purchase it as is can I drive home 3hours from where it is? The way it is? Or can I rip that dpf off and drive it home?? Would i need a h&s first? Im a licensed bodyman by trade so its a project for me I want to do full deletes, i want to know if anyone has any old part or anything they would like to sell and anything in particular to look for when i go see it. I had a 6.0 with a 03' turbo loved it and a lb7 duramax definitely love the fords more and ive always wanted a 6.4 any advice and any must do's! Or any secret/hints i can get (ie. chafed wire locations) anything i should do immediately/check immediately/ anything i should get immediately.. that would help a new guy out I would appreciate it thanks!
The add if someone can look at it on kijiji quick to give me a second opinion. I cant post the link but if you go to Kijiji city of Barrie. The title is a 2008 ford f250 the price is 6500 and has a landscaping (grounds guys) wrap on it should be easy to find in the pics theres one shot of the engine bay.. idk what the hell is under the hoood. If its soot.. or oil.. and idk if my eyes are bad but is that residue on the degas bottle? And does it look bad or just maybe a cap. Im really wanting to buy it
I really appreciate it can email or txt
Jroccawilliams AT Gmail . com
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
I'm thinking unless you know the maintenance and repair history you better have deep pockets. Oil and fuel maintenance is crucial on these or the costs will be nuts. DPF systems are expensive, too, unless you can delete it. If the truck is a mess I would at least have a good mechanic look at it first.

k9man811

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! New to the forum! Purchasing a 08 job 1 (05/07) 6.4.. 289,000km for $4000!! Crew cab fx4 ex-work truck. Says it needs 2 glow plugs a 4x4 vacuum actuator (stays stuck in 4x4??) and a dpf because it says its constantly cleaning.. if i purchase it as is can I drive home 3hours from where it is? The way it is? Or can I rip that dpf off and drive it home?? Would i need a h&s first? Im a licensed bodyman by trade so its a project for me I want to do full deletes, i want to know if anyone has any old part or anything they would like to sell and anything in particular to look for when i go see it. I had a 6.0 with a 03' turbo loved it and a lb7 duramax definitely love the fords more and ive always wanted a 6.4 any advice and any must do's! Or any secret/hints i can get (ie. chafed wire locations) anything i should do immediately/check immediately/ anything i should get immediately.. that would help a new guy out I would appreciate it thanks!
The add if someone can look at it on kijiji quick to give me a second opinion. I cant post the link but if you go to Kijiji city of Barrie. The title is a 2008 ford f250 the price is 6500 and has a landscaping (grounds guys) wrap on it should be easy to find in the pics theres one shot of the engine bay.. idk what the hell is under the hoood. If its soot.. or oil.. and idk if my eyes are bad but is that residue on the degas bottle? And does it look bad or just maybe a cap. Im really wanting to buy it
I really appreciate it can email or txt
Jroccawilliams AT Gmail . com
Thank you!

Hi,
Had the DPF problem with my 6.4.Did delete and no more problem.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might get away with driving it with the DPF. That sounds more like a sensor issue than the filter itself to me.

I wouldn't drive it on the street at all if it's stuck in 4WD though. That'll tear things up in a hurry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!!! Bringing back an old thread.. the old truck had fell through but guess what!!
I'm now the proud owner of a 2008 f-250 crew cab 6.4 FX-4 with just over 300,000km on the dash. Runs absolutely amazing
All stock except afe stage 2!
Selling price was $10,000
I got it for $4500
It was in reduced power mode when I got there
Pulled codes
P244A
P0088-scared the #### out of me thankfully hasn't came back
P2452
P2002
And C1233
Scared me ####less drove 5 hours to get there
Had a 6.0 and duramax before so i knew what i was getting into
Ripped the air filter off
Cleared the codes
Everything went away
Still have a code for 2452
Thats it
Drove it 5 hours home no problems
Rides tight smooth
Except can't go over 120k because of a u joint vibration i think
Definitely not the wheels
Wheel balance at 120 you can manage
This you dont even wanna pass 110 or you feel it bad in the seat and pedal.
Anyways i love it
I think i got an awesome deal
Im doing a egr full delete
Dpf delete
And tune on a low tune. Hope to get many miles out of it!!
Checked for blowby the cap stayed on the oil resevoir but i see some blow by.
Any recommendations on how to clean out my engine after i delete
Seafoam?
I want to change all fluids and clean the engine
Basically start fresh with 300k lol
It has about 6700 engine hours

Roccafellas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have permission to view and or comment in all areas of this forum? I am not understanding why I'm not and Im in need of a tuner and egr delete asap and I see some for sale and I can't buy em!
Dangnabit!

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
Hope the deal is as good as it sounds. Good luck with it. I can't help you with the access part. Above my pay grade.;)

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably has something to do with your post count. One of the forums I'm on I think you need 15 posts to access the market section.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Roccafellas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
GUYS HELP!! I was driving down the hwy doing 100 i got on it by the time i hit 130 i felt a violent shake
Oil pressure light came on truck died
Pulled over
Go to crank
No start
Slow crank even with booster pack.
Please
Please
Please tell me i didnt just blow my engine i just got the truck!! Please help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr