PLEASE tell me I did NOT cause this!

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a long story, but I may get into it later. I have been surfing these forums a long time. I have read all the post about the 2 cycle oil to diesel fuel. I have an '02 7.3L Super Duty Lariet. I Filled up with diesel last Friday. I did not do any long drives, just a couple to our farm and back. Day before yesterday, I headed out to Tractor Supply, approx. 9 miles down the road the engine just quit in middle of road. I called a tow truck, took to a ford dealer that I use. Said I threw a bad CPS code. Changed it out, I picked it up. Truck started well, seemed to be a bit "rough" running, but not really bad. About 7 or 8 miles from dealership, truck died in middle of highway. Had towed back to dealership. I have been having trouble with this truck approx. 2 months, of not starting when hot, or not starting at all, but that is whole nother ballgame. No one has found out that problem yet. Please tell me that I did not cause this current problem adding tht 2 cycle motor oil! Regards in advance, Trisha:confused::dunno:rant

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding 2 cycle oil to yer fuel is Not related to yer problem.

I'm guna say ..... HPOP, Electrical (Batteries ?) or IDM ? But Not fuel.

Tell us more ?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Please tell me that I did not cause this current problem adding tht 2 cycle motor oil!

you DID NOT cause any harm by using 2 stroke oil. NONE AT ALL!

i would be suspicious of the IDM as well, but unfortunately problems like these CAN be hard to trace.

sometimes, a bad injector, valve cover gasket (has electrical running through it) or under valve cover harness (UVCH) can short and cause the IDM to shut down one bank of the engine.

this time of year it gets colder, and the glowplugs start to work harder. this means it is prime season for the UVCH's and valve cover gaskets to FRY if they were not 100% to begin with.

just places to look. like joe said, it may be a high pressure oil system problem as well.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
trisha-
X2.5~
i had 100k+ on a 1.6 vw with 2 stroke oil. i boughtit with 150k, ran it until just short of 300k. original injection pump and 2 injectors.
i have run 2 cycle oil for almost 20k on my 7.3 (bought it used)
i will also say that the 2 cycle oil did not cause this.

word to the wise: i would not tell the service writer that you have been adding 2 cycle either. not because it has anything to do with your problem, but because their pea sized brain will not comprehend it and they will get confused and try to use it as an excuse. the leg bone is not connected to he arm bone, but they might try to convince you of it.

dp

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the first problem I was having with this truck started about 2 months ago. It would not start when hot. Let it cool off, it would start. Took to dealer for service, told them about it, they kept it about 4 days. said it started every time. Came home with truck, next day, would not start. Got truck started, took to a diesel place, told them same story. they kept it a week, no codes, started every time, so I bought it home. Went on trip to Ok. one night would not start, just motor would grind. Next morning had it towed to ford dealership, mechanic called and said well your batteries are shot, they were just a year old, and couple or all of the glow plugs were replaced. He said that was part of problem, but not all, but he did not have time to work on it on a Fri. but to have whom ever I took it to, to call h im and he would tell him what he thought it was. I think he said he thought it was electrical too. Well This is where we are now. Thanks , Trisha

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else thinking "HPOP"?

It SMACKS of HPOP to me.

Trisha....Do you have anyone near you that you would trust to do some work on yer truck?? Or do you feel YOU have the "Stuff" to do some wrench'n ? with some coach'n ?

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, no and no, and my hubby is of no use either, I am in La. around Baton Rouge, if you know anyone. What is a "HPOP"? Thanks keep it coming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58