PLEASE tell me I did NOT cause this!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
For what she's gone thru, taking the truck back away from the dealer to have you (or someone else) do the job to save a few bucks would only further delay and complicate things. Even if you would do it for free, at this point I'd say peace-of-mind is worth $200 to have the job warranteed...

Besides, no sense in rubbing salt in the wound.

Trisha, sounds like you are finally making progress. Keep us updated~

not what i intended at all.im nowheres even near her to do it anyways.but 200 dollars for labor is a bit high.it dont take 2 1/2 hours to replace it and thats what they are charging her.theyre labor rate is most likely somewhere near 80 an hour.it takes maybe an hour to do the job.i can have my whole stealth system off and seperated,replace both IPRs and put it all back together in 45 minutes.

besides this place took this long to figure out the problem.they dont even sound qualified to be messing with it.hell mike hit the nail on the head with his post,and i also mentioned the IPR as well.an ipr code shouldve been stored in the pcm.and if not a simple check of the pressures with a scanner wouldve told them where to look.it shouldve also thrown an ICP above/below desired code and shouldve stored that as well.

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I am just one of many that get taken every day, but if my truck is truly fixed I will just let it go. They don't know if I know what they are doing or not... but it is hard to trust the mechanic when the first thing I ask that he check was the IPR stuff. Regards, Trisha

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
dont forget that on your repair order you can specify that they hang on to all the old parts to show you.you can also ask them to show you the parts under the hood that they replaced.dont let them push you around.one thing i really hate are dishonest mechanics.i have no problem showing a customer what was replaced or the old parts.i even do a complete safety check on every vehicle for free.if it needs something else i just write it down for the owner and where they take it is up to them but 98% of my customers including new customers keep coming back.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
at this point I'd say peace-of-mind is worth $200 to have the job warranteed...

want a warranty from me?hows lifetime on my labor?parts have thier full manufacturer warranty whether it be 30 days or lifetime.bring it back and ill fix it.if its something i caused,ill fix it free.doesnt matter if you sell the vehicle,ill still cover it for the new owner.

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well we got it home yesterday, and so far it has started 3 times, no problem. I have noticed that the gas milage is very very down. don't know what is causing this, may be just the overhead computer. Trisha

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a little update. Still have no more problems with the truck, knock on wood. seems the milage is getting a bit better. Now all it needs is a good cleaning. Thanks you all so much for holding my hand through all of this. Trisha

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a little update. Still have no more problems with the truck, knock on wood. seems the milage is getting a bit better. Now all it needs is a good cleaning. Thanks you all so much for holding my hand through all of this. Trisha

;tu

What SDD is all about Trisha..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58