poor inside heat

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
what does the coolant SMELL like?

open up the degas bottle and sniff the coolant...then you will know what it smells like...if it is warm be carefull, under pressure. you can also tell then if you have any crusty/crudler in/on around the cap too....

inside heat - maybe eating coolant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info, I have not stuck my head by the exhaust, next time i see him / the truck I will do so.

your welcome!!

Last edited:

05 Super Duty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently had some of the issues mentioned in this thread. Problems with 4x engaging and the climate control would only work on defrost so I started to suspect the vacuum pump. Which kind of annoyed me as my truck only has 28K miles on it. I went out last night to start the truck and thought before I do I will see is I hear the pump running. I heard the fuel pump shut off once it had pressure and then heard a humming sound which I figured was the vacuum pump. Starting walking around the truck to see if I could hear it leaking and finally opened to hood to find what is in the pic below. F#CK!NG squirrel! Chewed through vacuum lines and the covering off one of the harnesses under the hood. Glad I looked last night! Could have been an easy fire with all the grass and twigs that were stuffed under there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg