Update Pop goes the Weasel

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Looks like I am in for a set of HG's. Some of you might remember me commenting back in August that when I was towing the TT up the divide I could smell coolant slightly. Well, the problem has manifested itself and I have also been experiencing some hard cold start issues recently so I made an appt with Ford and took her in. They did a reflash on the PCM and said it has taken care of the cold start issue but they werent able to pinpoint the coolant issue as of yesterday. We had a slight snow fall and the dealer uses the run up Casper Mountain as their testing grounds and yesterday was too slick.

Today they ran her up the hill and confirmed blown HG's. I have a set of ARP's sittting in the garage (thank you Bob @ Dieselsite) and asked the service mgr if they would install them while they were doing the HG's. He is going to get back to me to be sure it doenst create warranty issues but he is thinking they can do it.;tu

Say what you will about the 6.0, but the $100 warranty has got to be one of the best in the business.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Here is to hoping they will do it, I really don't see why not. Their gonna put back new OEM head bolts anyways.

Just make sure if they do do the ARP's, that some minimum wadge shop hand doesn't put in the OEM's by mistake.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Mike-

how did you get by for $100? Did they overlook the tuner or don't they care?
what tuner?

honestly, they didnt ask or they dont care. I didnt run in there waving the SCT flag high and proud. I also think this may have been a preexisting condition prior to my ownership. I can tell the truck was previously chipped so I would think the dealer would be able to clue into that as well.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow new headstuds installed for $100.00 you can't beat that deal. Glad to hear the dealership is helping you out.

atk

Reaction score
glad to hear they will be doing it under warranty. i will most likely be doing my own when i get my studs(warranty runs out DEC. 20/08, unless i keep running my custom race tune)

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are some of the warning signs/symptoms of blown head gaskets? I have heard about the antifreeze smell but I am curious to know what else to watch for before taking it to the shop. I am not having problems but when I work the truck it works hard. No mods on a '04 F350 SRW CC 4x4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg