Update Pop goes the Weasel

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
What was there phone number?

Same dealership we bought the 95 PSD from (used), same dealership we bought the 03 Expedition from (used), same dealership we bought the 08 GT/CS from (new)...... dunno if that had anything to do with it or not, typically speaking I am not a service hound other than the wife will run her car through the quick service lane at Ford for her oil changes and we had her 03 in one time for a 4x4 issue. Other than that the service dept prolly doesnt know my name.

I didnt try to pull one over on these guys, I was actually thinking that they were going to deny me and I would have to live with it, even though I think it had weak or bad HG's when I bought it. The PO did have to have 4 injectors installed under warranty back in 06, knowing who the PO was I can only assume that he had already chipped it by that time. Its just quite possible that this service dept in mod friendly to a degree.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Here is to hoping they will do it, I really don't see why not. Their gonna put back new OEM head bolts anyways.

Just make sure if they do do the ARP's, that some minimum wadge shop hand doesn't put in the OEM's by mistake.

That can be a worry, I here that. When I had mine done, I asked to see the tech who was going to do the work and after discussing the work I handed him my ARP's and a $75. certificate to the local steakhouse and told him I appreciated his taking good care of my work truck,and to take his family out to dinner on me. I've been very happy with my truck ever since. All that being said, I did look to make sure the studs were there. You can easily see the ends of a few of them and see the hex end which the OEM's don't have.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Update:

Finally got the truck back last night, I went in yesterday morning (wifes Mustang needed to be looked at) and looked at it with the cab off.... she looked a lil puny. But With the cab off I got a good look at some things on the engine, in the chassis that I normally wouldnt get to see so there was a little bit of cool factor there.

Head gaskets are in, head studs are installed, they pulled the turbo and cleaned it as it had swallowed some coolant and was rusty, they installed new exhaust donuts because mine were weak and they also did one or two other small TSB's that I cant remember what they were. Also had the inductive heat flash done on the PCM, remember the cold hard start issue is what prompted me to get her looked at to begin with.

I only drove it about 3 miles from the dealer to the driveway last night, but she runs OK, definetly building boost now where it wouldnt before. I was lucky to get 20 psi on the gauge with the head gasket problems. Went outside this morning and she fired right off, no cylinders were dropping out like it was previously. It is 30° this morning, but two weeks ago I had to have it plugged in or it would not start at 30°.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
good deal Mike!! did you take an pix? pretty cool looking at it 'cab-off' huh? what did it end up costing you for the upgrades?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Looks like she'll be going back in for a small re-check. I've got a slight shudder in the steering wheel and a helluva oil leak on the firewall/left inner fender. Pink fluid- I'm assuming that for the cab off procedure the steering column didnt get reassy'd correctly.

I didnt take a photo of the cab off Dan, sorta wished I had but all I had with me was my cell phone. My dealer did charge me an additional labor fee to install the head studs on top of the $100.00 deductible.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Looks like she'll be going back in for a small re-check. I've got a slight shudder in the steering wheel and a helluva oil leak on the firewall/left inner fender. Pink fluid- I'm assuming that for the cab off procedure the steering column didnt get reassy'd correctly.

I didnt take a photo of the cab off Dan, sorta wished I had but all I had with me was my cell phone. My dealer did charge me an additional labor fee to install the head studs on top of the $100.00 deductible.
Sorry to hear about your new inconvenience. How much extra did they charge to install your studs?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet deal glad the truck is back. Hope they get the steering fixed and the oil leak fix. Hate having oil under the hood just leaking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14