Possible HPOP issue

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most everyone on here likes Motocraft. I have a pair of Sears AGM's that have served me well. :dunno

After a pair of fresh batteries get installed..might check the Alternator output too ?

Joe

I can't argue with the Motorcraft batteries these set have far exceeded my expectations. I'll check the alternator but it's definitely charging them seeing as how after a few minutes of driving everything that takes a decent load was working as usual. Any ideas on what a set of Motorcraft batteries should run? I ask because I have one dealer near me that charged me $129 for the fuel filters.:eek: To say the least they don't get anymore of my business.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't argue with the Motorcraft batteries these set have far exceeded my expectations. I'll check the alternator but it's definitely charging them seeing as how after a few minutes of driving everything that takes a decent load was working as usual. Any ideas on what a set of Motorcraft batteries should run? I ask because I have one dealer near me that charged me $129 for the fuel filters.:eek: To say the least they don't get anymore of my business.

I'd go with whatever "Group" you owners manual calls for (and you probably have).. or better.. maybe a few more CCA's, cuz your WA winters can be tough sometimes ??

Joe

Last edited:

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes yeah it'll get into the teens or even more rare single digits I guess I'll go see what these ones are and start looking then it's on to the egr delete.:stir

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu A few more CCA's is just good insurance. Ya never know.

I stay AWAY from Dealers for parts too. Some chain Parts Houses will have Motorcraft Batts, at a [reasonable] price.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu A few more CCA's is just good insurance. Ya never know.

I stay AWAY from Dealers for parts too. Some chain Parts Houses will have Motorcraft Batts, at a [reasonable] price.
I was pissed because I called the other two dealers I had dealt with and they both charged under $60 for the same part #. Ford's list price is $99. Not to mention that when they worked on my truck a socket was left attached to my rear pinion flange and more recently I discovered that they had also not put the air cleaner tube back on the housing correctly and it came off while pulling a grade with 10k in tow and also the turbo outlet to the intercooler was also not all the way in and leaned back against my oil filler cap and melted half of it away. Of course there's no way to prove that they did that now it was almost a year ago. It's my fault for not looking it over thoroughly after I found the socket on my pinion flange but you live and learn.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pissed because I called the other two dealers I had dealt with and they both charged under $60 for the same part #. Ford's list price is $99. Not to mention that when they worked on my truck a socket was left attached to my rear pinion flange and more recently I discovered that they had also not put the air cleaner tube back on the housing correctly and it came off while pulling a grade with 10k in tow and also the turbo outlet to the intercooler was also not all the way in and leaned back against my oil filler cap and melted half of it away. Of course there's no way to prove that they did that now it was almost a year ago. It's my fault for not looking it over thoroughly after I found the socket on my pinion flange but you live and learn.

I hear ya !

Not to say All Dealers are shakey.. but ya gota.. :watchout

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14