possibly buying a 07 6.0, warranty questions

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
Cool, not trying to make enemies. Going right now to get some stuff started. 4-6 weeks for delivery, not bad at all.

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
?????????

If your "friend" owns the dealership then wouldn't he tell you what systems would void your warranty???????:p

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Since 2007 will be the last year for the 6.0, I would think that you would be getting the best 6.0 .
If you wait to get a 2008, and get the new 6.4, who knows what teething problems Ford might have with that engine. When I purchased my 2006, at that time Ford was projecting the 6.4 to come out in 2007. That is one of the reasons that I purchased the 6.0 in 2006.
So bottom line is, now is a good time to purchase a 6.0
Most of the bugs have been worked out.
2012 might be a good year to buy a 6.4

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not agree with you on your timeline. Remember the 1948 Tucker, they never figured out the valvetrain problems. Remember the 1955 Ford 239 with all the oiling problems. Remember the 1962 turbine engine that went bust. Remember the 1970 Olds Diesel that kept cracking blocks. Remember the 1974 dodge slant six, it took them many many years to get it right. Remember the 1980 Olds that would crack heads. That was never fixed right. Most of the time it takes one year for the manufacturers to admit that they have a problem.
Anyway,,, your opinion is just as good as mine....
Have a great day..
Maxtor

kusto

Frozen PSD
Reaction score
Manufacturers.......don't you mean Engineered Malfunctioners....

I did some research before I purchased mine and switched from a 04 Dodge CTD to an 07 Ford PSD, I found that there were less discussions with major warranty issues on the 05 and up Ford, where as with the 05 up Dodge, they were still experiencing the same issues as the 04's????? I think Ford is much mor proactive in fixing the bugs.....

I read a write up in a Diesel Power magazine and they were installing a 4" Factory approved exhaust.....when I get a chance I will post the brand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14