Question Post EGR Delete Survey

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to pose a question for all the SDD members that have done the EGR delete. What success and/or problems have you had after the delete? If you had problems can they be tied back to the delete? Also, with the risk of making for long posts, how did you do the delete? In other words, did you buy a kit or modify your current EGR valve and cooler?

I am only trying to get a lot of input, in one post, for the post EGR delete. I know when I search for EGR delete I find a lot of posts on whether or not it needs to be done and posts on how to do it. The idea of this post is, hopefully, more of a "what happens after the fact" type discussion.

Thanks, in advance, for everyones input.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the "Sneaky Pipe" version along with SCT tuning to remove the EGR valve function. The EGR up-pipe is welded shut in the small "T" that connects to the rear of the EGR cooler. The EGR valve is in place but the PCM tuning prevents the EGR valve from functioning and there's no CEL or code (common among most '05-'07 trucks).

I have had ZERO problems with my modded EGR system.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen an increase in mpg or power since doing the delete, or is the main positive the fact that you won't spring a leak now?

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my Elite tuning adjusted to shut off the EGR valve. Any SCT tuner should know how to remove the EGR function. I found that removing the scoop in my '06 up-pipe allowed the turbo to spool easier. Otherwise it was done to prevent rupturing the EGR cooler.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a River City Diesel EGR delete with no issues. Innovative wrote my tunes accordingly and the truck runs absolutely awesome now. No worries on EGTs any more and the turbo seems to spool a ton quicker.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't be doing a delete until the powertrain warranty is up on my truck (another year). After that, the EGR is going away at the first sign of trouble. I guess I better start saving my money now!

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a River City Diesel EGR delete with no issues. Innovative wrote my tunes accordingly and the truck runs absolutely awesome now. No worries on EGTs any more and the turbo seems to spool a ton quicker.

you still throw codes just not the CEL , the sct can't see the codes ,, but better code readers can like AE , insight . the emisions station ETC

some tuners actually have worked it so no codes are present

how do you have no worries on EGT??

Last edited:

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric at Innovative wrote my tunes so that there are NO codes whatsoever.

With the EGR delete, I'm running 200 degrees cooler on all power settings, towing, etc. So, no more worries! ;tu

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may not know if you have codes .. if your using the sct to try and read them ?
'
He wrote my first tunes also and that is the issue I had the sct wouldn't see them but my other readers would

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58