Question Post EGR Delete Survey

Silver6.0

Drinkin Diesel
Reaction score
Silver, did you put it in yourself? And was it hard to do?

Yes I put it in myself. I have been a diesel tech for about 6yrs not including college. The hardest part was lining the 'UP' pipes back up. Leave all the clamps and bolts loose. Tighten the clamps on the turbo first then the bolts on 'UP' pipes. I also put in the bigger turbo oil drain tube while I had the turbo off. I got it from the ford dealer.

Neil

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would like to pose a question for all the SDD members that have done the EGR delete. What success and/or problems have you had after the delete? If you had problems can they be tied back to the delete? Also, with the risk of making for long posts, how did you do the delete? In other words, did you buy a kit or modify your current EGR valve and cooler?

I am only trying to get a lot of input, in one post, for the post EGR delete. I know when I search for EGR delete I find a lot of posts on whether or not it needs to be done and posts on how to do it. The idea of this post is, hopefully, more of a "what happens after the fact" type discussion.

Thanks, in advance, for everyones input.

I know its a little late to reply but I did mine a couple of months ago, and i am having no problems. I also have a CAT delete, and my turbo whistles like no other with all that airflow. It sounds like a big rig, its awesome.

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a River City Diesel delete kit installed and the upgrade oil cooler from Ford. I had overheating and coolant loss issues so I knew it was the EGR cooler. There was no water in the oil. At the same time, I added a FS200 micro-filter system.

It has only been 1 week and 700+ miles. I've gained a few mpgs and have the CEL showing. I've got to pay off some bills before I can add the SCT from River City or whatever software to remove the EGR codes.

Last edited:

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I will be doing this at the frist of the year. I am going to have the EGR delete done, head studs, new turbo, Airdog and get the SCT. Then hopefully a little down the road an upgraded intercooler and tranny upgrade.

I have been going back and forth on weather to get a new truck or just upgrade mine. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on a new. $5-$7k on upgrades is a lot easier to swallow that $40k on new....... :dizzy

I have 116k miles and she still starts up and runs great. I think once I have these upgrades done, she will be better than new!!! :)

Last edited:

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I have almost 5k on the truck now with an RCD EGR delete kit in and a MBRP Off Road Exhaust with muffler delete and this is the best my truck has run since I bought it almost two years ago. I hope to have some guages soon or at least a Pyro so I can run a mild tow tune in my truck and I will report back after that happpens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58