Potential Engine repair/replacement avoided!!

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey DFW and north dallas guys found two locations one in old downtown Denton up off 35/380 and another in argyile both have B20 and the one in argyile has b100 but you have to call on b100 to see if it's in stock.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
matter of preference really. the 7.3 injectors are more forgiving when it comes to fuel quality. I run b100 if/when I can get it and am adding a Racor prefilter just because quality is sometimes sketchy. It will clean your system much more quickly and thoroughly.

Reaction score
Hey DFW and north dallas guys found two locations one in old downtown Denton up off 35/380 and another in argyile both have B20 and the one in argyile has b100 but you have to call on b100 to see if it's in stock.

Justin,

Did you fill up at the one in Argyle? What were the prices like? They take plastic or cash only? :thanks

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
I have been running B20 along with Schaeffer's Diesel Treat. 1 gallon treats 2000 gallons of diesel.

I can really notice the difference in the noise level when I do not fill up with Biodiesel. Plus I like the fact of helping the American Farmer as much as possible.

Anyhow, here is the link to diesel treat.

http://schaefferoil.com/diesel_treat_2000.html

You can download the technical data sheet and compare it to the other fuel additives out there. I know power service & lucas run @ $15 for a gallon and treat approx 300 gallons. Schaeffer's cost $30 for a gallon. So in my simple math you would have to buy 7 of the power service to do the job of 1 gallon of Diesel treat. Truckers use Schaeffer's oil & lubricants all the time and say great things about there products, they run 50,000-65,000 miles on there oil and get a 3-5% milage increase when using the oil & diesel fuel additive. Many fuel suppliers (jobbers) are adding dieseltreat to there customers (farmers, construction, bus companies) tanks and labeling it as premium diesel. Gives there customers peace of mind.

Whatever you do, do not add tranny fluid to your fuel. Leave's nasty deposits in the pumps & injectors.

Keep the rubber side down!

Rich

Last edited:

Springbubba

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Biodiesel is all over Portland, OR. I just paid $2.83/gallon for B20! It's 20 cents a gallon cheaper than some of the ULSD near my home. I didn't even know B20 was better for the engine until I read this thread.

I learn something new everyday visiting this site. Thanks so much.

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
Biodiesel is all over Portland, OR. I just paid $2.83/gallon for B20! It's 20 cents a gallon cheaper than some of the ULSD near my home. I didn't even know B20 was better for the engine until I read this thread.

After giving the B20 a chance to get into the engine, did you notice the difference in how the engine sounded?:thumbs

CHPMustang

Reaction score

BioDiesel just plain works and our performance engines love the stuff:sweet

Come back often!:thumbs

98infinity

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
newb alert, whats the diff for the b20 and regular old diesel fuel? I dont get it...:confused: Im looking to buy a 2002 7.3, just wondering...cuz I just wanna fuel and go and not worrie about if its doing damage or not. do ya get me?

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
The new Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel has 15 ppm sulfur compared to the 500 ppm LSD we were using in the past. The pumps changed over October 2006, but some stations are still selling the 500 ppm stuff (until it's used up) and the pumps should be marked accordingly. Bottom line - when they removed the sulfur the process made the fuel "dry". Additional lubrication is being added before shipment and by some fuel jobbers. Unfortunately, many folks are having problems with fuel pumps, seals & injectors, & poor fuel milage.

So alot of folks are using diesel fuel additives like Schaeffer's Diesel Treat, Power Service's Dieselkleen, and Lucas fuel treatment to add back the lubricity and cetane that the new ULSD dropped. Biodiesel is a great way to add lubricity to the fuel system & injectors - you can use as little as a 5% mixture of biodesel to get the lubrication benefits. B20 is 20% biodiesl and quite common in many areas. You get additional benefits from a diesel fuel additive - cetane boost (more power/fuel economy), detergents, lubricity, a more complete combustion which means less dirty exhaust and less oil contamination.

One note on B20 for Northern climates:

B20 can start to "gel" at a higher temp - approx 25 degrees - so use a quality fuel additive to prevent gelling. The new ULSD fuel also has a higher gel temp than the previous LSD fuel. I've also read that #1 diesel is on the way out for road vehicles -

The 2002 your looking at is gonna be fine - just take the extra steps to ensure trouble free operation down the road and better fuel economy. Diesels still beat the heck out of gassers on MPG.

:cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg