Power Door Lock Problem **UPDATE -Fixed it**

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
They are hard to pull even after I lubed and removed the zip-ties on them. They are not even trying to rise, as a matter of fact they are locking when I hit unlock on the remote.

I found the Diagnostic Routine for the door locks on my service CD. Many Connectors and Circuits to test but they don't really tell you where the connectors are.

1. Locks Will Only Lock or Unlock

2. Possible Source(s):
§ Circuit.
§ Switches.

Action(s) to take:
§ GO to «Pinpoint Test C»

C15 LOCKS WILL ONLY LOCK OR ONLY UNLOCK

l Key OFF.

l Disconnect module Connector C3.

l Check continuity between Pin 4 Circuit 119 (PK/Y) (Pin 5 Circuit 120 [PK/LG] if doors will not unlock) of Connector C3 and ground while pressing the lock (unlock) position of one of the door lock switches.

l Is there continuity?

Yes
GO to «C16».

No
GO to «C17».

C16 CHECK OUTPUT FROM MODULE

l With all connectors in place, check voltage between Pin 2 Circuit 117 (PK/BK) and Pin 16 Circuit 117 (PK/BK) of Connector C3 (Pin 3 Circuit 163 [R/O], Pin 6 Circuit 118 [PK/O] and Pin 18 Circuit 118 [PK/O] for unlock) and ground while pressing the LOCK (UNLOCK) position of one of the door lock switches.

l Is voltage 10 volts or greater?

Yes
SERVICE open or short in Circuit 117 (PK/BK) (Circuit 118 [PK/O] or Circuit 163 [R/O] for unlock). REPEAT «Pinpoint Test A».

No
REPLACE remote entry module. REPEAT «Pinpoint Test A». (hope it ain't this one, module is $363.67 :eek:)

C17 CHECK DOOR SWITCH FUNCTION

l Check continuity between ground and Circuit 119 (PK/Y) for lock (Circuit 120 [PK/LG] for unlock) connection to door lock switch while pressing the LOCK (UNLOCK) position of door lock switch.

l Is there continuity?

Yes
SERVICE door lock switch. GO to «C18».

No
SERVICE break in Circuit 119 (PK/Y) (Circuit 120 [PK/LG] for unlock). REPEAT «Pinpoint Test A»

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Looking like it is the Module. $363.67 at local dealer or $266.98 at powerstrokeshop.com. Not alot of money but the thing is I don't need the factory keyless entry. My auto-start remote has keyless entry too.

Anyone know what it takes to bypass the remote entry? I remember years ago reading about guys wanting to install the remote entry but I don't recall what was involved. There has to be a way to power the door locks going around the remote module but there is a heck of a bunch of wires under there. Anyone remember what is involved in adding remote entry as I could just reverse the instructions and save $266.98 + shipping.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Fixed it for $60.00

Looking like it is the Module.

It was the module. Turns out a few bare wires where they entered the left rear door shorted out and fried the module.

Went to my local Ford parts man and got a cross reference as to what all rigs have this particular Module(list at bottom for anyone else that needs one someday). The Module says F3VF-15K602-AC on it which is the manufacturer number, this number crosses to part number F3VY-15K602-A. I went to local junk yard and they told me they had never sold one but if I wanted to go look have at it. They pulled up where a couple of 93-95' Taurus cars were and I went wading out through the snow on a parts hunt. Got lucky and found it on the second one. I tore the whole dash apart on the first but it was not in there. The second one had the back seat removed and there it was on the wall between the seat and trunk. Paid $60.00 for it which is a few dollars less than the $363.67 at local dealer. When I got home I plugged it in and yeah haw I have door locks. Reprogrammed the remotes and we are good to go :D

Here is a list of vehicles that use the same Module as the 94-97' trucks for anyone needing one in the future.

F3VY-15K602-A (F3VF-15K602-AC on the box)

Explorer 1993/1994
Lincoln Town Car 1993/1994
Taurus 1993/1995
Mustang 1994/1998
F150 1994/1996
F250 1994/1998
F350 1994/1998
Sable 1993/1995
Windstar 1995/1995
Bronco 1994/1996

On the F-series and Bronco they are under the dash next to the steering column. On the Explorer they are behind the left rear access panel in the cargo area. On the Taurus they are between the back seat and the trunk. I have no idea where they are on the other listed rigs.

Hope this helps someone out someday as I have worked and researched for a week to figure it out and didn't really come up with much.

Something else I figured out was if you have did the Brown/White wire clip mod that allows the door remote to work when the truck is running you have to splice the wire back together in order to reprogram the remotes to the new module.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
:clap::sweet I've got this one bookmarked. Lots of good info there Crumm. Glad you got it fixed, and thanks for all the info;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14