power loss and smoking when cold

redking

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my 05 6.0 is smoking and severe power loss when cold, once she warms up it runs fine with lots of power----any ideas?

redking

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
checked again yesterday and it is all blue, only when cold and only when boost comes up close to 10 lbs, there must be a tech on here that has seen this before?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All blue sounds like oil consumption... trick is from where? Although, if the timing is way off, diesel will burn blue too. How heavy is it? Light tint, or fogging for mosquitoes?

You say 10 psi, is that all you can get, or only to that point?

redking

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the more pedal i put to it the thicker the smoke gets, and the boost will still go up with acceleration, that is just where i start to see smoke. but again it runs like a top once warmed up, no lack of power whatsoever

redking

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
come on guys, one of the senior ford tech's on here must have run into this somewhere along the line, any help would be appreciated

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
WELL, i am not a ford tech....but i ate one for breakfast....or something like that..

been there done that. you have (could have) a multitude of issues. i went thru the same boat: turbo(s), egr(s), harness(s), egr cooler and - wait for it wait for it- head gasket(s) issues.

i'd suggest find a good dealer you trust, take it in, have them test drive, pressure test injectors, and everything else and they SHOULD give you the result. either way, doesn't sound good for you.:sorry

good luck, let us know

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg