Help Needed Power Mirror Switch

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
hey.. you got a local community college with an automotive department?

JRJ04

Reaction score
i know of a few local community colleges...i guess i could check? are you thinking they might have a diagram or that they would want to take on the task?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
i know of a few local community colleges...i guess i could check? are you thinking they might have a diagram or that they would want to take on the task?

if they have an automotive department, they have a full set of manuals

JRJ04

Reaction score
if they have an automotive department, they have a full set of manuals

well bill sent me a diagram of it. im going to see if i can figure it out. I think what I might to first is take off the passenger side mirror and plug it into the driver's side and see if it still pops the fuse. At least that way i can determine whether or not its the mirror wiring, or the wiring on the truck.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well bill sent me a diagram of it. im going to see if i can figure it out. I think what I might to first is take off the passenger side mirror and plug it into the driver's side and see if it still pops the fuse. At least that way i can determine whether or not its the mirror wiring, or the wiring on the truck.

well, if you unplug both mirrors, then try the switch, if it still pops the fuse, it's between the switch and the connector...

if it doesn't, plug the left mirror back in.. if it pops the fuse then, you know it's between the connector and the mirror head

-edit-
sorry I've been spotty with my replies..
we've been at Fair all week, so I've been away from the computer for large intervals, and just passing thru when I have been home...

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
hey an update for you...i have definately isolated the problem to be in the wiring of the driver's side mirror. I took the passenger side mirror and plugged it into the driver side plug and it worked so I now know its in the drivers side mirror itself.

Any clue on how to go about pinpointing this? That mirror does not look easy to take apart at all.

JRJ04

Reaction score
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I pulled the mirror off tonight and just looked it over and kind of "uncrimped" the wires in locations where they seemed to be pinched (around bends) and hooked it back up and it works like a charm!!!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14