Power mirrors are dead

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The new switch didn't fix the problem.:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant
Every fuse I can find in the truck is good.
So much for the easy fixes.

Back to the wiring diagram. I hate those things, they make me go cross-eyed!!:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new switch didn't fix the problem.:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant
Every fuse I can find in the truck is good.
So much for the easy fixes.

Back to the wiring diagram. I hate those things, they make me go cross-eyed!!:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

Hmmm..

Makes me remember your non-Ford coolant temp sensor debacle.. of years gone bye.. if it wasn't a Ford switch ? :dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
FIXED IT (sort of)

After looking at things a second time, I determined that my problem was a lack of power. (What I thought was a power lead, was just the 12v for the switch illumination.)

The mirrors are supposed to receive power from a delay relay that continues power to the mirrors (& radio) once the key is turned off, until the door is opened. That was not happening. The mirrors were dead alltogether, and the radio would not stay on once the key was turned off. The power windows were working 100% as advertised though. They would work with the key off until the door was opened.

So what I did was put a temporary jumper wire from the 12v lead for the power windows switch and to the power terminal for the mirrors switch. The mirrors are now working as they should be.

I figure I have a broken wire some place. Every fuse in the truck was good. I accounted for every relay on the under dash fuse panel or under hood power central. The delay relay seems to be functioning based on correct power being supplied to the power windows. I don't see anything else on the wiring diagram that could explain anything other than a broken wire.

So for now, the mirrors are working again. But now that camping season is over and the camper is ready for storage, I probably won't have to move the mirrors again until spring. :dunno

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
My switch went bad on my 02 f250just the other day! Ordered a new one from Rockauto.com for $10.95!!!! Awesome price!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
My switch went bad on my 02 f250just the other day! Ordered a new one from Rockauto.com for $10.95!!!! Awesome price!!!

Don't be surprised if a new switch don't fix the problem. I was 1000% sure my problem was a bad switch. It wasn't. :doh::doh:

SuperB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Tail_Gunner, did you figure out your mirror problem yet? Mine aren't working and I was going to tear into this weekend.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely not, he just put a GMC next to it in the driveway...lol :lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58