Power on 8% grade

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Crumm, maybe you should join us on the DARK SIDE!!!:eek:!

nahh then he'd have to deal with things like EGR valves, VVT controlers and the other whizz bang gadgets and gizmos on the dark pit, oh I'm sorry dark side motors.

Besides why get rid of a perfectly good truck that's been so well maintained.

Crumm,

If you're sure you've run them in the past in OD then it might be the trans starting to slip slightly. :sorry not enough to trip error lights but enough to be consuming some of your power like a blood sucking leach.

I can say that when I tore mine apart I had plenty of toasted friction plates and heat discolored frictions and had only thrown a flashing OD light once and that was not towing a trailer, just goosing it to merge.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm,

If you're sure you've run them in the past in OD then it might be the trans starting to slip slightly. :sorry not enough to trip error lights but enough to be consuming some of your power like a blood sucking leach.
crummy is a 5 speed.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still original fuel pump? I replaced the one on mine and it was a big difference in power especially top end

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
still original fuel pump? I replaced the one on mine and it was a big difference in power especially top end
Less than six month old.
could his bigger tires be causing this problem?
Definitely suck the power and fuel but I have always had big rubber since the day the truck was new. I drove it from the dealer to the tire shop and traded in the stockers.
ULSD SUCKS! :D
I had not thought of that little factor. I bet you hit the nail on the head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58