Power Steering Hose Explosion

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My power steering pressure hose exploded again today. This happened to me about 2 years ago. Blew the hose right off the nut on the pump. I guess this is pretty commonplace, is there a better hose than what you'd get at autozone? That's the same failure I experienced last time. Is there something that I'm doing that I can stop doing to keep this from happening?

On a good note, the first time I did it I also used the Autozone hose with lifetime warranty, so I got a new one for nothing ($21 regular price).

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
It has happen to me 2 times now.

It is very common, but good thing for Autozone and they are everywhere.

I also have the lifetime warrenty ;)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Takes forever to get the fluid out of the fender insulation. Mine dripped for three months at least.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooops, I did it again. Just under 1 year.

I was on a long trip, had to drive it for about 150 miles after the hose busted...could the pump be destroyed? (The res still had *some* fluid in it, the rest dripped out once I was parked at home.) Planning on fixing later today, so I'll fire it up and listen to see what I've done..

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
blew mine today. fixed it in the dark. spent 30 bucks at napa. drove by an advanced auto and an auto zone on the way. id rather give napa my money.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pump looks to be alright after the trip. The worst part for me is putting the hose BACK on, the nut that's not attached to the pump is a bugger to get started.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Hhey, I'm a member of that club. :eek: My hose burst from the power steering pump too...but there was a good benefit from it. :eek:

My front end squeak went away! :lmao :hail

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
mine hasnt blown yet....190k miles. should i buy one and put it on just to be safe, or is it a product of dryrot that i would be able to see and watch out for?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58