Power Steering Hose Explosion

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
mine hasnt blown yet....190k miles. should i buy one and put it on just to be safe, or is it a product of dryrot that i would be able to see and watch out for?

It'll go when you least expect it to and at the worst opportune time. Mr. Murphy says so.:stir

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
So did anyone ever find a better mouse trap? My hose blew out of the nut 100 miles from home and now I have a big mess. I am going to go to Ford and get a new pump tomorrow but I would like to find a better grade of hose that won't ever blow again. Only thought at this time is a local hose supplier that builds hoses in house using arctic grade hose but I am not sure if they have a better nut fitting.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have had hydraulic hoses made by my local guy, a Big Rig truck guy, and they always worked beyond what I had expected. And they will stand behind their work.

Dave

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet that anything with a regular 90* fitting instead of that slip-nut the stocker has on it will work better. I think they engineered it like that to damper the vibrations, and after a while it vibrates loose. I think a 90 degree fitting out of the pump to a length of hose to the cooler loop would do the trick. Next time it happens to me, I'll try that...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg