New Member Power Tow Mirror Conversion 2008-2012 power tow mirrors onto my 2004 F350 Lariat

rickabc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have already applied power to the two new switches. The mirrors do power fold when I use the new power fold toggle. The signal lights and the marker lights on the new mirrors also work as they are supposed too. What is not working is the power mirror adjust for up-down-left and right functions, which is in the same new switch for power fold function, and the added power extend switch to extend/retract the tow mirrors does not work either. I checked the power extend switch (DPDT switch) and the power is there when the switch is depressed to either extend or retract - the mirrors do not move.

I believe I have completed the wiring correctly (?) - maybe I bought two power mirrors that were in need of repair - maybe the extent and adjust motors are bad?

Still looking at everything over and over and it just looks right. Of course just one misplaced wire could be causing my dilemma.

Does anyone know how I could test the individual motors in the mirrors?

thanks for the interest and suggestions,

rickabc

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If I was in your shoes, I would map the plug going to the mirror. Use a volt meter and ground one lead. Use the other to figure out what pins do what function. This will tell you which are the up/down and left/right. I have the wiring diagrams for a 2004 truck but not with the folding function.

Dave

rickabc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Dave,

I think that has to be my next step, but I am not sure how to use a volt meter (I can read the directions - LOL) I did find a wiring diagram but it came from a Ford 150 forum - not sure if that translates up to the 2004 F350 I have though. I am not the least bit qualified to do this job (not mechanic or tech man) but I am good at following directions, and what I have completed so far looks good - but I guess not good enough. If you could email me the wiring diagram you have, that might be a big help? Not even sure how you would do that - I am new to this forum (my very first forum) and so not sure how everything forum works yet. I have been getting emails notices that someone has replied to my thread and that's how I reply back.

I am a retired State Trooper. Age 64. I am a pretty decent re-modeler for decks, bathrooms, kitchens, and home electrical - notice how I left out auto mechanic - LOL

I have not given up on this tow mirror conversion project yet - I am retired and so time isn't the issue - it's my lack of knowledge. This Ford forum has been a hugh help and all replies are greatly appreciated.

again, thank you Dave for the information,

rick

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I can email you the diagram for the mirrors. I need a email address to send it to you. You can PM (Personal Message) me the address. Do not post it here. Click on my name and chose Private Message.

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58