Question Power Windows Work Intermittently

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats just what I wanted to hear.

...me too...I have clean ground straps, clean batteries, but the windows will some times not work for a spell after startup. Sometimes, not always, the radio is dead too. Then after a few seconds to few minutes, life returns...all function fine. Don't ever hear any clicky noises.

I guess I'll peak up into the GEM area and take a look.

When my 2K was fairly new, I usta see some water now & then, on the D-side floor mat when I washed it... Sooo, my Fix was: I got some Black RTV, cut the applicator off at the smallest hole.. ran a bead all the way around the windshield, between the glass and the rubber seal.. and the body and the seal too. Let it setup and dry.. then with a razor knife.. Very Gently... removed any RTV that squeezed out.

No more water on the mat. I think I caught the leak, it before it got to the GEM, or anything else ?

When I lost the OEM windshield to a rock, I remember asking the installer guy to lay a thicker bead of sealer around the new windshield... He said: I always do, cuz [some] of these Fords.. are known to leak.. from the Factory.

Hmmm.

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good tip, Joe thanks. I'm on windshield #3 but never have seen a hint of water inside. But time to crawl around down there again...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58