Powerstroke 1, Scion 0

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
so the other day Im driving to have the doctor gripe at me about my cholesterol level and Im in the middle lane on a 3 lane road. Some dipstick in a scion coupe with the over-sized fart can on the back comes flying through lanes to be first at the next red light. He pulls up next to me right on the bumper of the car in front of him. My phone rings and I reach down to get it (yes, I know) and as I say hello, the Scion moves directly into my lane and BAM! hits my front left corner. I did manage to hit the brake and the horn as I saw him coming but to no avail. This little dip-wad goes into the 3 lane swerve session for a second or so, regains control and moves right. We both turn into the next parking lot and get out. I was waiting to see what he had to say before I started telling him what a dill-hole he was but he immediately says "Im sorry, that was entirely my fault. I did not look." :confused: Not expecting that, I immediately cooled down and did not say a word. I go to my front end to look at the damage and have to start laughing. I need to back up just a little, I took out his right rear taillight and ripped his bumper into an L shape so I was expecting damage to my front end. NOT! I had to laugh to myself just a little but the only thing to my truck was a small scuff mark on the ranchhand grill guard and a small piece of his taillight stuck on. I said "I have no damage and Im late for a doctor appt. If you need me, here is my phone number. Im sorry you banged up your car." and left. I chuckled all the way to the doctor. Too bad about his car but maybe he learned that necks are for pivoting your head.

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i must say that is pretty sweet.... i wish that18 wheeler that dominated my 03 was a scion instead lol... thanks for sharing

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rear ended in December 07 in rush hour traffic by a lady in a Chrysler Pacifica. It was rush hour traffic (around 6 PM) going about 15 mph and she had a screaming kid in the back seat. She bumped me and my trailer receiver went through her radiator. The main damage to mine was that the wiring got shorted out. Her insurance paid the $200 + repair bill and that was it. I think she got a ticket, plus the huge repair bill for her car.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I am amazed that you kept a cool head Peter, even with no damage to your truck. Way to go. :sweet

I kind of was too. I would normally expect to be rather unforgiving. It helped that he started apologizing as my feet hit the pavement. I actually felt sorry for him. You could tell he felt pretty sick.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I kind of was too. I would normally expect to be rather unforgiving. It helped that he started apologizing as my feet hit the pavement. I actually felt sorry for him. You could tell he felt pretty sick.

I'm gonna send my chip back to DPTuner and have a smoke tune burned on it..
I get these dingdongs that climb so far up on my back bumper, I can't see their WINDSHIELD, much less their hood...

they've always got their windows down and music thumpin', so.... :innocent

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I'm gonna send my chip back to DPTuner and have a smoke tune burned on it..
I get these dingdongs that climb so far up on my back bumper, I can't see their WINDSHIELD, much less their hood...

they've always got their windows down and music thumpin', so.... :innocent

too bad you don't have a 6.0... i installed a smoke switch with nothing more than a lil wire and a toggle switch... and believe me.. when someone is ridin your *****... a lil cloud always seems to work... i had a person the other night get close for awhile so i hit the switch and they decided that they would back off but bright light me.. unfortunately for them my truck has a 2.5in leveling kit and 35s so if it wasn't for the fact that i was looking back i wouldn't have even noticed hahah... but a lil smoke goes a long way!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
too bad you don't have a 6.0... i installed a smoke switch with nothing more than a lil wire and a toggle switch... and believe me.. when someone is ridin your *****... a lil cloud always seems to work... i had a person the other night get close for awhile so i hit the switch and they decided that they would back off but bright light me.. unfortunately for them my truck has a 2.5in leveling kit and 35s so if it wasn't for the fact that i was looking back i wouldn't have even noticed hahah... but a lil smoke goes a long way!

and usually, a chrome ball on a hitch head in the receiver is a pretty good deterrent, too..
just remember to take it out and squirt some Breakaway on it once a month, or it's gonna "go Budda" and "become One with the truck" (had this happen a couple times, discovered both times as I was hooking up a different trailer to leave on a trip :rant)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58